(13) Alec's answer

"Izzy

"Izzy." Alec calls as he climbs up the steps of this mysterious building, me following closely behind him. Ever since the moment in the institute, Alec and I have refrained from talking, hell, we barely can even look at each other without feeling awkward.

Not to mention whenever I catch him glancing my way my face heats up like an oven.

"I got your text. Where are we exactly?" Alec asks as Izzy joins us, a victorious smile on her face.

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance. If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort. Perfect, right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon." She says, her eyes bright and enthusiastic as she stares almost hopefully at her brother, who only nods in acknowledgement.

"Okay." Alec answers blandly.

"Okay?" Izzy repeats, her face rather astonished as she turns to Alec. "It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

Alec scoffs humorously at Izzy, before giving her a sarcastic eye roll "Great job, Izzy." He expresses with fake interest causing Izzy to scowl and roll her eyes, "You have faerie dust on your dress." Alec points out sarcastically and Izzy merely smirks in reply.

"Well done Izzy" I smirk teasingly at her causing her to chuckle at my underlying praise for her sexual exploits. Alec, however, looks disgusted, the idea of his sister getting it on probably wasn't the visual image he wanted, nor did he want to praise her for her conquests.

Though that doesn't mean I aint gonna praise Izzy for getting good dick.

"I hate being the distraction." Alec mutters lowly, his face turned up into his signature grimace as we continue our walk onwards.

"I don't." Izzy shrugs with a smirk, her eyes glancing to her tense brother and she scoffs, "You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed."

However, Alec makes no move to reply but instead rolls his eyes and continues to walk onwards, completely in silence.

***

"This must be the way." Izzy directs as she walks briskly over to the door and roughly yanks it open.

However, immediately a group of vampires stand at the other side, growling and hissing ferociously at us, I quickly jump back in shock as Alec abruptly slams the door shut, holding his weight over it.

Damn, that was terrifying.

Nothing like the sexiness of the Salvatore's or the Mikaelson's.

"Any day now." Izzy sighs, as I move forwards and clamp myself in front of the door too, the both of us desperately trying to hold it down against the vampires push as Alec hurriedly rushes to find something to block it with.

"Yeah, if you hold the door still, it might be a lot easier." Alec mutters irritatedly, he quickly pulls out his stele and attempts to draw a rune over the door, probably trying to lock it in place. "It's not taking it." He growls, the both of us still holding down the door, our attempt's slowly becoming feeble.