(27) Always goes wrong

"God, we've been waiting here forever

"God, we've been waiting here forever. What is taking Jace and Clary so long" I groan, my right foot lifting to ease the pressure on my suffocated toes.

Note to self: Don't wear heels on a long ass mission.

"You don't think they're..." Izzy insinuates, a sly smirk on her face, instantly making me giggle and Alec scoff in disgust.

"At a time like this? Impossible" Alec mutters back, gruffly folding his arms and turning his head expectantly to the precinct door, looking out for a certain blonde and red head.

After magically putting my mothers JC box into the notepad, I realised where the cup was; in an old stack of taro cards we had at home. Luckily for us Luke had it hidden away for safe keeping in the NYC police office, but unluckily for us Luke was arrested and being questioned due to string of demonic murders.

Hence why we've been waiting for like an hour for Clary and Jace to go in and find it.

"I don't get why you couldn't just get it Cam? I mean, you're the one with the ability to take it out" Izzy asks, confusion on her face, and as Alec turns to I see he's thinking the same thing.

"Well, " I start, blushing slightly, "I don't have the um- best reputation in the police precinct since, you know, I've been there a lot for not such innocent reasons... And angel Clary hasn't, so it's better and less suspicious if she goes in"

"You've been arrested by the same precinct your mothers boyfriend works at?" Alec asks, an amused smirk lingering over his lips as he raises his brow at me.

"Yeah, not exactly ideal" I mutter back.

"Wait, what where you arrested for?" Izzy suddenly questions, a huge smirk across her face and I feel the blood rush to my face.

Oh god no.

Luckily for me, just as I open my mouth to lie my ass off, I spot Jace and Clary rushing out of the precinct, their conversation seemingly tense and heated.

"Someone called for backup?" Izzy says sarcastically.

"What took you guys so long, we where beginning to wonder what you guys where really doing in there" I ask teasingly, a insinuating smile covering my face, making Jace scoff in amusement and Clary blush, a harsh glare being thrown my way.

Karma's a bitch and so am I.

"It's complicated. We found the Cup." We all perk up at the news, happy to know that we had it within our reach.

" Yeah, but then we lost it. We have to sneak back in the precinct to get it." Clary scorns, clearly showing that they're original plan had not gone right and we would need to act quickly before something inevitably went wrong.

Because lets' be honest, something always goes wrong.

Before any of us have time to hatch a plan, Clary's phone rings loudly, causing her to jump and pull it out of her pocket swiftly. As soon as she sees the number she sighs, a frustrated groan escaping her.