(22) Intoxicating

My mind appeared to wake before my body did

And yet I could feel all the senses around me.

I could feel the harsh and cutting wind piercing against my exposed skin. I could smell the potent aroma of alcohol, weed and sweat dancing within one another in the air. And the metallic taste of blood was contaminating my mouth, the bitterness feeling raw against my dehydrated throat.

And I could hear.

Hear the gusts of wind howling across the starry night sky, the music blaring from the speakers whilst teens sang and argued through the beat of the tune. I could hear cars revving and engines roaring, the sound of fashionably late teens slamming their convertibles shut and cheerily greeting their friends, excited for the rave ahead.

But the thing I could hear the closest felt nostalgic, reminiscent, almost like a sound I've been starved of for years.

Alec.

I know, it's crazy, I've actually missed his annoying asshole self.

In fact, I missed him more than I can express.

He was talking. Well, muttering.

I couldn't hear what he was saying or who he was talking to but the realisation that he was here, along with the fact that I was still alive was enough to jolt me out of my slumber, my mind seeming shocking my body awake.

Now definitely wasn't the time to be playing sleeping beauty.

I could feel the blood rushing to my limps, the oxygen being dragged into my body was helping as I felt my fingers wag at the tip, creating a systematic reaction of my limps slowly but surely moving, waking up my entire system. My eyes then began to flutter, the fogged and discoloured image soon turned clear and as I blinked away the haze my eyes landed on Alec, stood barely even 10 feet away, whilst he was having a seemingly intense and muttered phone call, with god knows who.

I stilled for a second, my ears trained slightly, my eyes squinting in attempt to better hear what had Alec so frustrated and who exactly he was having such long conversations with.

And no, I'm not jealous, just curious.

And yes, I'm aware eavesdropping is rude.

But he broke my heart, so tough tits for him.

However, as I sat still and silent, the uncomfortable position I was in, leant against the banister, had me aching and a wince escaped my lips. Immediately, Alec's eyes fell on me, alarm written across his face before he swiftly hung up the phone and ran over to kneel beside me, his hand caressing my side.

I would be an awful spy.

"Are you okay? Don't move too much you're still going to be sore Camilla" He chastised, his eyebrows furrowing and lips frowning as I swiftly tried to sit up from my position. I quickly snap my gaze to him, a glare covering my features at his babying behaviour, which shut him up, a sigh escaping his lips as he allowed me to shift positions.