(12) Teach me

Alec and I quickly reach the back-door entrance to the institute after a very silent and awkward walk back

Alec and I quickly reach the back-door entrance to the institute after a very silent and awkward walk back. I step forwards to walk inside only to be stopped short by Alec grabbing my forearm gently and tugging me back. I sigh and turn on my heel to face him.

"When we get in there stay close and stay quiet, the whole point of us coming through the back door is so we don't get caught" He states, his face very serious and I can tell that this whole breaking the rule thing is hard for him, he's obviously not rebellious, ,like at all.

Though you don't need a psychic to tell you that one.

"Don't even worry about it, I'm stealth, like a ninja" I whisper-yell, whilst bouncing childishly on my feet to show my so-called stealth and Alec immediately scoffs, a hollow laugh escaping his lips as he sees my weird dance, his teeth shine brightly through the laugh and I almost halt in place to admire it.

I MADE HIM LAUGH.

However as quickly as the laugh came it was gone, and Alec had composed himself, though the amusement was clear on his face. "Seriously, we will get in trouble with the Clave if we're caught- "

"Ok, I get it. Jeez, Alec stop parentally scolding me" I mutter, a laugh escaping my lips as I stare at him, Alec merely sighs in response and folds his arms staring at me.

"I'm not trying to be your mother" He growls and I giggle back at him, this causes him to only stare back in confusion at me.

"Don't you mean be my dadd-"

"Don't even!" He exclaims cutting me off, his face was now tinted red as I chuckle loudly, his embarrassed expression so unbelievably amusing since he was so innocent and easily teased, despite being such a realist.

To be honest, it was kinda cute.

"Whatever" Alec mumbles, before brushing past me, and walking through the door and into the institute. I compose myself quickly, wiping off the stray tears of joy before descending in after Alec, walking after him and into the weapons room.

Alec immediately walks over to the shelves and opens the drawer, pulling out his bow and arrows and placing them to the side before leaving it open for me to inspect. I walk closer, my eyes shadowing over all the weapons before gazing up at Alec, my expression slightly confused.

"Choose whatever feels right, gravitate to where you feel like you should be" He states softly, his words calm and surprisingly helpful and I nod at him slowly before taking a deep breath and stepping forwards to the weapons.

First my eyes fall upon two ring daggers and I grab them both, holding them up and gently attempting to twist them, trying to see whether it felt right or not. I nod my head and gaze at Alec, who raises his brow.

"Could I get these as backups? Like to put in my boot?" I ask, since they were pretty small and I figured that if I was going to fight vampires, I'd need something more ferocious.