(9) Si bitch, her too

"Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission

"Fifty bucks says he doesn't approve this mission." Izzy says chidingly as she teasingly touches the sword collection the institute has locked away in the armoury room.

"I don't approve of this mission." Alec exclaims, whilst marching in.

I immediately roll my eyes, a scoff of annoyance escaping my lips, causing an already aggravated Alec to glare my way.

"I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girls do not leave the premises." He replies, a small distasteful smile on his face as he points his finger directly at me.

I chuckle hollowly before walking forwards, challengingly. "Call me little girl again... and I'll break your 'little' face" I say, my face as innocent as an infant, contradictory to my venomous words. Alec immediately sneers in reply, his mouth opening a millimetre before Jace interrupts.

Alec: 0

Cam: 1 😊

"Alec, this warlock could have the answers we need." Jace says, his voice slightly exasperated at his brothers' non-stop formalities and rules.

You and me both sis.

"With Valentine's people out there searching for Camilla and Clary, they're not safe outside alone." Jace argues, though his words of wisdom seem to only further anger Alec and before he has another chance to lecture Jace about how 'irresponsible' this is, Izzy also chimes in.

"Jace has a point."

"Et tu, Izzy? "Alec asks rhetorically, his face showing hints of betrayal as Izzy stares sadly at the ground.

"Si bitch, her too" I say smiling sardonically before flipping my hair over my shoulder at a scornful Alec, who looks about ready to strangle me to death. The scene seems to amuse Izzy as she slyly coughs out a laugh before winking suggestively in my direction.

Good god.

Ignoring her, I swiftly turn towards the inner circle (not that circle!) and listen to an aggravated Alec speak. "All right, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?" He asks, directing his question at Clary, probably too annoyed to even glance in my direction.

The victory makes me smirk.

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint," Clary suggests "and there's this thrift store that she- "

Suddenly, a loud and distressed gasp escapes my mouth as the pendant I hold in my hand lights a bright, mauve flame, pulling me through the depths of my own mind and into another place.

"What's wrong? What is it?" Jace asks, stepping forwards to hold my arm, inspecting me to make sure that I was okay. Blinking, I slowly inhale a deep breath before letting out air shakily, before my eyes finally travel upwards to meet the rest of the concerned group, and I was surprised to see that even Alec had a look of slight worry on his face.