(16) Hotter than Jace

We eventually reached our destinations; the outside appearing to be a warehouse, all steel beams and cardboard boxes, utterly eerie with a deafening silence

We eventually reached our destinations; the outside appearing to be a warehouse, all steel beams and cardboard boxes, utterly eerie with a deafening silence. We all slowly walked through the building, weapons at hand, carefully scanning the desolate area for any signs of a threat.

"Magnus's lair is just behind that fence" Jace says, pointing at a raised metal fence and all our eyes follow, and I quickly frown, "Magnus lives in a warehouse?" Clarys asks, wide eyed and confused, a similar expression to my own.

Guess that comes with being twins.

"Not exactly" Jace states "Warlock glamour"

Isabelle suddenly raises her hand at us, halting our movement, all eyes falling on her as we wait for her words. "Somethings wrong" She sighs, a small frown on her face as she glances at us, "It's far too easy to get this close"

"His protective wards must be down" Jace mutters, and we all seem to unconsciously stiffen, our fighting stances becoming second nature as we prepare for anything.

You never really know what's going to pop out next.

"You" Alec calls gruffly, his glare directed at Clary, "Don't get in the way"

Clary merely scoffs, glaring for a mere second before looking away, not bothering with Alec's hatred for her. I simply shake my head in disappointment, not angry at Alec but confused, why did he hate Clary so much?

'It's funny how the only girl you're attacking is Clary, isn't 't Alec?'

Jace's words echo through my mind, re-playing over and over again and I groan, mentally exhausted, since not only did I have no idea what he was implying but my sudden school girl crush on Alec was making me hope that it meant Alec liked me.

Or at the very least he didn't despise me as much as Clary.

But then again; hope breeds eternal misery.

I'm swiftly pulled out of my thoughts when the sounds of grunting and fighting echoes through the abandoned warehouse and all our eyes snap to the two men fighting at the metal fence entrance; and I gasp as I watch the circle member aggressively stab and then throw the warlock off the edge, the man falling wordlessly to the ground.

"Oh, god. Valentine found Magnus!" Clary exclaims and we all quickly jump into action, racing forwards, weapons in hand.

"Daddy?"

Clary and I were hiding behind a couple of boxes and storage equipment when we noticed the little girl appear, tears trickling down her face as she ran to her father, shaking his dead figure on the floor, crying for him to wake up.

My heart ached harshly, knowing that the girl's father was dead and she was alone.

Suddenly, we notice a bald and bulky man with a circle rune at his neck appears behind her, and as he pulls out his serph blade and aims for her back, Clary and I jump forwards.