(24) Wrapped around my finger

"So, let me get this straight"

"Mummy Lightwood is here, Valentine can speak through our necklaces, Luke's not a traitor but IS a werewolf and we are still yet to find that fucking cup that Clary and Simon got kidnapped for? Anything else?" I say amused, finding it hard to believe that all this drama went down in a matter of days whilst I was away.

Though in the Shadow world drama is never ending.

Trust me, I would know.

"Yep, pretty much the usual" Izzy chirps, a smirk on her face at my sarcastic tone and baffled face.

I roll my eyes with a chuckle, "At this point, I don't expect anything less than chaos. I mean, I was away two days and you all fell to shit, y'all really need me" I tease, making the other chuckle out, rolling their eyes as if to say otherwise.

We were all currently gathered around Magnus's living room, Clary, Izzy and I were sat on the plush extended sofa, whilst the boys were all scattered across the other available seats, none of them really wanting to be next to each other.

I don't know what happened between Alec and Jace while I was away, but it was fair to say I hated seeing them so distant.

And if I hated it, I couldn't even imagine how they felt.

"So, we were all here being abducted by packs and being told bed time stories by our father dearest, where were you? I assume doing something that had nothing to do with this life" Clary giggles, rolling her eyes in disgust as the words 'father dearest' escapes her mouth, and I can't help but feel my chest tighten.

Daddy issues for real.

"You went all undercover mundane, must've been exciting" Jace says with a laugh, wiggling his brows at me as if the concept was hilarious and unfamiliar. Though after god knows how long of being a Shadowhunter, the human life was a little weird to adjust to.

I glance around the room as we all laugh at Jace's comment, but as my eyes land on Alec, my smile drops as I see the almost irritated expression across his face, and watch in surprise as his eyes flick between Jace and I, distaste evident in him.

What the hell was wrong with him?

Alec's eyes eventually caught my own and despite him definitely seeing my questioning look, he merely turned away with a scowl, leaving me fairly annoyed yet upset.

It always seemed to come back to square one with him.

"Cam?"

Upon hearing my name being called, I rip my eyes from Alec's face and look back on an expectant Clary, before quickly giggling and shaking my head, "Sorry, I was daydreaming " I lie, though from everyone's nods I could see they believed me.

"So, anyways, back to my little vacay" I giggle, "I was at a certain someone's house, you'll remember her best Simon... she's tall, curvy and completely gorgeous. Not to mention the fact you dropped your entire soup bowl onto her lap the first time you met"