(31) Save him

I walk out of the comfort of my room after what seems like days, but what was actually a few mere hours

I walk out of the comfort of my room after what seems like days, but what was actually a few mere hours. I had trapped myself away, allowing myself to grieve the death of my best friend, my brother, but no amount of time seemed enough to heal the hole in my heart.

It was a strange feeling, knowing that I'd never see him smile again, or listen to him hysterically rant about some Sci-fi movie I know nothing about, or better yet go to another one of his performances and see him entrancing every single person in the room who has the blessing of listening to his voice.

It was hard to believe that I wouldn't ever experience anything with him again.

I make way through the elongated and seemingly never ending corridors, my feet fast paced as I swiftly pass through, the mahogany walls and water painted pictures swimming past me in a blur. I assumed that Clary and Jace would be back by now, and we soon had to complete the harrowing task of staking Simon through the heart.

That's definitely a sentence I never thought I would say.

Shaking the terrifying reality from my mind, I venture into the main part of the institute, my eyes washing over each of the busy Shadowhunter's rushing around, trying to spot a certain strawberry blonde, needing to know how everything went.

When my eyes fail to find Clary, or even Jace, I instead spot Alec in the training room, furiously sparing against the wavering black bag, which looks hits away from deteriorating. Building up my courage I walk towards him, nervous to speak to him again after how cold I had been earlier.

And my nerves increase, as when I enter the room, my eyes lift and I quickly notice Alec's lack of clothing, his upper body shinning under the bright lights, as his lean figure moves at an indescribable speed. I feel my body react, my eyes feeling blessed at the sight of his defined back muscle that clenches at each move and the flexing of his toned arms.

He was unbelievably attractive.

After what seems like hours of me staring, Alec notices my presence and stops moving, dropping his weapon at his side and evening out his breath.

"Camilla" He states, surprise evident in his expression, before walking to the desk at the side and placing down his sparring stick.

"Hey, I saw you training and thought I'd come see you, you looked like you were taking out a lot of frustration on that poor bag" I say, my voice light and teasing, causing Alec to smirk lightly. I feel myself blush at his exposed body facing my way, my eyes unintentionally lingering as the beads of sweat trickle down his abs and past the band of his shorts.

I quickly shake my head clear, scolding myself for even thinking about Alec's abs and especially for thinking about anything to do with what's under his shorts.

I need God.

Noticing my stare, Alec glances down, his eyes slightly widening as he probably realises how undressed he is, and with a small smirk, a knowing smirk, he grabs his hoodie and pulls it on, his eyes not leaving my own as he zips it up to his chest.