(11) Fuck the accords

"You were supposed to protect him!" Clary exclaims, her voice increasing in pitch, something that often happened when she was aggravated or deeply emotional, and considering the situation I would say she was both right now

"Simon!" Clary yells, immediately pulling me into action as I sigh, before running after her to the van, only to see the van door open and the inside completely empty.

"Simon? No." Clary sniffles out, her eyes watering as she looks desperately around, I also do the same, though there wasn't even a clue to where Simon could be.

"Simon! Is that the mundanes name?" A voice suddenly yells, the mysterious voice echoes loudly though the desolate surrounding and we all immediately turn around, our eyes landing on a man and a woman stood hazardously on one of the building ledges.

And they had Simon dangling careless off the edge.

"I'm afraid Simon's coming with us." The man says, his face pale and teeth sharp, revealed behind a leer as he smirks down victoriously at us. I instinctively step forwards, my eyes zoomed in on Simon as he sways mid-air, helplessly.

"No! No, he's not a part of this." Clary exclaims, tears now trending down her cheeks as she snaps her head to Jace, her expression screaming for him to do something.

Anything.

"And it'll be my pleasure to kill you unless you return him." Jace says, his demeanour seeming calm and collected, yet his words were icy and harsh, despite not liking Simon he obviously didn't want him to get hurt.

"Careful." Alec states calmly "We'd be violating the Accords." I scoff in reply and glare harshly Alec, since despite his entire career being about protecting mundanes he seriously needed to give more shits.

"Well good think I haven't signed any fucking accords, now isn't it? "I growl my eyes narrowing at an exasperated Alec, how was desperately trying to keep me from losing my shit. I ignore his pleas and instead turn my head back to the assholes who stole my best friend and scowl deeply at their laugh.

"They can't kill you but if you hurt even a hair on his head, I can't promise you that I won't" I sneer, my stance strong and intimidating and I immediately see the woman's face shift, her eyes darkening at my challenge.

"As amusing as your threat is little Shadowhunter, The Night Children have broken no laws. We're negotiating." The man states, his comment aggravating me further, but I keep my mouth shut, since the last thing we wanted was for them to get playful and drop Simon.

"The mundane, unharmed, in exchange for the Mortal Cup." He states simply, his female friend remaining silent as she smirks.

"And the clock is ticking. Tick-tock, people." And with that they disappeared, flying off, and suddenly Simon wasn't in front of our eyes any longer.

"NO! Simon!" Clary cries out, rushing forwards to see the spot completely empty. The 5 of us left in their wake, wondering what the hell we were going to do.