(47) Back again

"So, Magnus, how long has it been? One hundred? One hundred fifty years?" Camille asks, her voice sickly sweet as she struts after an uncomfortable looking Magnus, her back arched and chest inflated so far I wonder how long until her spine breaks ...

"So, Magnus, how long has it been? One hundred? One hundred fifty years?" Camille asks, her voice sickly sweet as she struts after an uncomfortable looking Magnus, her back arched and chest inflated so far I wonder how long until her spine breaks in two.

Hopefully soon. Though I doubt even that would shut her up.

"One hundred and thirty-eight. Oddly, I haven't missed you." Magnus mutters, though by the side look he gives her and the uncomfortable shifting on his feet, I can tell that deep down there's something unresolved there.

It makes me feel nauseous to even think about.

"Of course you have, my love." Camille retorts, stopping in front of Magnus, her chest brushing his as she practically traps him up near the column.

"You can have your disgusting little lover's reunion later" I snap, making Camille turn back to me, irritated yet obeying. "Right now, we need to find the Book of the White." We all watch Camille expectantly, and the longer she dallies and toys around with us, the less patience and calm I seem to have.

"And you will, but not without payment." She leers, turning to Magnus with a feline smirk, "You of all people should understand that." Magnus merely frowns back, turning with a raised brow to me.

"She wants a Writ of Turning-Me-Into-A-Vampire." Clary spits out, her teeth grinding at Camille, "And we need you to draft it."

Magnus sighs, his black painted nails coming up to rub gently at his right temple before he straightens, a frown coming onto his face as he narrows his eyes down at Camille. "Hmm. I thought I was done with you." He mutters, disdainfully, though Camille smiles brighter as if she doesn't notice.

"We'll never be done with each other." She whispers back, inching closer to him, a chuckle escaping her deadly mouth as Magnus preens back. I scrunch my nose in disgust, my eyes averting at their close proximity, and from what I can see, everyone else feels just as uncomfortable as me.

"I'm gonna go call for backup" Izzy mutters, though from her retreating steps, I can tell she's glad to be away from the tension of this room. I nod at Simon and Clary and swiftly walk off to the next room, my blood boiling from all the time I've spend with that she-devil, blood-sucker.

I take a seat on the satin covered linen of the four poster bed, my eyes lifting as I watch Simon and Clary enter, both grimacing, probably from the view in the other room. Simon sighs heavily, crashing lazily down beside me, his cold skin brushing my thigh as he does so.

"You don't have to go through with this. If you want to go out there and stake Camille through the heart, I will hold her down while you do it." Clary offers, a sad frown on her face as she stand before Simon, her words sincere- almost conveying a sense of guilt, a need to make amends for her role in this all.

"Or, I can do it if you don't want to" I volunteer, teeth shining through my grin, "Though I can't promise it will be as quick and painless as a stake through the heart, not after everything that bitch has done."