one hundred twenty-four

Audelia Stark kept herself at Natasha's side, never once leaving her

Audelia Stark kept herself at Natasha's side, never once leaving her. She had already lost Nathan, the thought of losing one of her best friend's weighed too heavily on her heart to let her out of her sight.

They left the rest of the team to make a path for Clint, instead focusing on trying to cut down through Thanos' army to try and alleviate pressure. Stephen Strange stood only a few feet away, him and other Master's of the Mystic Arts working with them to cut through the army.

"I know about Nathan," Strange's voice suddenly cut through as Audelia spun, shooting through an outrider. She caught his glance for a second. "He was a good man."

"I know, that's why I won't let it all be for nothing," she shot back, using her chest repuslor to take out two incoming outriders at once. She paused for a second, looking to Stephen. "Tell me there's a way. Tell me...tell me that we have a chance."

There was a moment, as if the battle itself wasn't happening before them, where they both paused. Audelia could see a mix of emotions in Strange's eyes: fear, sadness, guilt. He looked at her for a moment, finding the words before speaking.

"We've got two chances to win," he spoke. "Just make the right one."

The ground grumbled for a moment, shaking beneath their feet. Audelia's cast her eyes to the sky, seeing Thano's ship raining down fire upon them on the ground.

Instantly, Deli used the nanobots to generate a shield, diving toward Natasha and knocking her to the ground and she covered them both from the incoming fire that felt like it went on forever.

They stayed locked in place until suddenly, it all stopped. Deli lifted the shield, turning her eyes to the sky to see a streak of light run through the middle of the ship, turning back around to face her work as Thanos' ship crashed into the ground.

"That son of a bitch," Natasha muttered with a grin, that streak in the sky being none other than Carol Danvers.

Audelia scanned the area amidst the damage for the stones signature, spotting it just a few yards away with Peter right next to it. Deli motioned for Natasha, having her grip onto her suit as she flew them off in the direction of Peter and the stones.

Peter was battered and bruised, handing off the gauntlet to Carol Danvers where she stood in front of him. She turned to the two woman that landed beside her, a grin on her face.

"Could've used that assist awhile ago," Natasha muttered as the woman laughed. 

"Here now, aren't I?"

"You okay?" Audelia asked Peter, leaning down to check him over. He nodded, groaning slightly before turning his head to the army of outriders and chitauri on their way toward them.

"Yeah, but I don't know how you're going to get it through all of that,"

"Don't worry,"

Natasha and Audelia turned at the sight of Wanda landing beside them with a grin. Pepper, Gamora, Nebula, even Valkyrie all followed behind her, standing together as Okoye joined them on the other side.