eighteen

The headache that Audelia Motter was currently nursing was far from pleasant

The headache that Audelia Motter was currently nursing was far from pleasant. And unfortunately for her, the causes of her headache were sitting next to her and in front of her.

"Mr. Stark?"

The banging of the gavel echoed throughout the room. Deli sighed, sinking further into her chair as her hand came up, rubbing at her temples at the sound of the gavel mixed with Senator Stern's annoying voice.

"Mr Stark, could we pick up now where we left off? Mr Stark. Please,"

"Yes, dear?"

The room erupted into quiet laughter at Tony's comment. He looked around in pride, smirk plastered on his face before turning to look down at Deli. His smirk dropped slightly when he saw the glare she was giving him, an eyebrow raised as she continued to rub her temples.

"Do you or do you not possess a specialized weapon?"

"I do not,"

"You do not?"

"I do not," Tony shot back again, before shrugging his shoulders. "Well, it depends on how you define the word weapon."

"The Iron Man Weapon,"

"Senator Stern, I would say with all due respect, but I truly don't have any for you," Audelia cut in, annoyance clear in her voice as she clasped her hands on top of the table. "The Iron Man armor does not fit under the general description of a weapon, neither does the Imperial armor. And may I ask, why was I subpoenaed for this hearing?"

"You assisted in the creation of the Iron Man and Imperial weapons-"

"If I may interject, I have two corrections," Deli cut in, Tony having to cover his mouth to hide his laughter as Senator Stern huffed in annoyance. "I did not assist in the creation of Imperial, the woman inside of the suit did that all by herself and I will not be releasing her name so don't try and ask. And secondly, the armor are not weapons."

"What would you describe them as, then?"

"High-tech prosthesis?" Tony threw in, gaining boisterous laughter from the crowd at the hearing as Deli leaned over, giving a high five to her best friend quickly. "That is... That's actually the most apt description I can make of it."

"It is a weapon. The two suits are weapons, Mr. Stark,"

"Senator Stern, you seem to be blatantly ignoring the facts at hand," Deli chimed in once again. "Since Tony's announcement of being Iron Man, crime rates have dropped significantly. If you actually had the well-being of America as your priority-"

"My priority is to get the Iron Man weapon, and eventually the Imperial weapon, turned over to the people of the United States of America,"

"Well, you can forget it," Tony told him casually, leaning back in his chair. "I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one. And you will never know who the woman is under the Imperial mask, which means you'll never get her suit. To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending or what state you're in. You can't have it."