thirty-nine

Tony Stark fiddled with different components on the screen before him, typing in a number of different sequences as he prepared the equipment in the lab for the stress it was bound to endure in order to track the cube

Sparing a moment to look up across the room, a smile fell onto his lips as he watched Audelia and Bruce converse as she tinkered with the different hard drives around the room to prepare them for the search. She looked up, catching his eye as she sent him a smile that had his heart beating out of his chest, before she looked back down to the work in front of her.

The man took the opportunity to take out his phone, the screen lighting up as he looked down at the picture before hand. Audelia Motter stood in all her glory, her smile the after effect of a laugh as the wind in the air blew her hair around her face. Her eyes were centered on one thing, and one thing only: little Aurora Motter, cradled in her hands with her own smile on her tiny, little lips. He had taken it at the extravagant party that Tony had planned to celebrate his little Aura turning three months old, though both Deli and Nathan had completely disagreed with it but had ended up enjoying it thoroughly.

 "Rora and I are your lock-screen? Careful, might give someone the wrong impression,"

Tony turned around at the sound of Deli's voice, a smirk crossing his face as he leaned toward the woman now standing behind him.

"Why? Maybe that's the exact impression I want to give them," Deli looked down at her shoes, red covering the expanse of her cheeks at her best friend's comment. This was how the last year had gone, flirty remarks that made her cheeks burn and Tony's lips turn up into smirks. "You've probably got Nathan and Aura as your lock screen so what's it matter?"

"Yeah..."

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process," Bruce chimed in from the other side of the room, gaining the attention of both Audelia and Tony.

"If we can somehow bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we should be able to clock this around six hundred teraflops," Audelia told the man as she took Tony's spot in front of the screens as he stalked toward Bruce.

"See?" Tony pointed to Deli with a grin. "This is why I let her handle this big brain stuff."

"Man...and all I packed was a toothbrush,"

Deli and Tony both let out a laugh as she redirected the information on her screen, pulling up the schematics of the disk she had left on the main deck to see how far along they were with decoding SHIELD files.

"You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land,"

"I feel like it should be Stark and Motter tower. Didn't Deli do most of the technical design of it?"

"Bruce, you would be a thousand percent right," she sent the man a smile as she pointed at Tony. "This one told me it didn't sound cool enough. My name will be on the side of the next tower, don't you worry."