eighty

"Tony, when the alarm goes off, that means we have to wake up,"

"We're billionaires, I think it's our choice whether we actually get up or not-"

"Tony, just get up please,"

Tony Stark let out a small laugh, stretching his arms above his head. He moved his back to sit against the headboard behind him, the comforter falling around his waist as he watched Audelia move across the bedroom, trying to get her earrings into her ears so she could finish her hair and makeup.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Deli shot at him, a smile on her face as she threw him a shirt, walking into the ensuite bathroom and closing the door so it was just open a crack. "We need to leave soon, there's a lot of students at MIT waiting for us."

"Mhmm,"

Tony was barely listening as Audelia droned on and on about their presentation at MIT today about the September Foundation. He moved across the room, standing in front of their dresser with his hand on the handle. He paused for a moment, making sure that Deli was completely in the bathroom before pulling it open, opening the secret compartment under his pants.

"Alumni honors is a big deal, Tony, especially when it comes to the two of us. These kids are going to be so excited to see us, we can't be a second late. You know it's hard for these kids to get funding..."

He was still barely listening, his eyes focused on the black velvet box in his hand, flipping it open to take a look down at the gorgeous 4 carat diamond that lied inside. The overhead light reflected off of it, making the colors in the diamond dance around and bring a smile to his face.

His mother's ring, and the only hand that deserved to wear it was Audelia's. It had always been her.

Just as he placed the box back into safe keeping until the perfect moment, Audelia exited the bathroom, a grin on her face as she walked up to Tony. He admired her, the click of her heels on the hardwood, the effortless look of the blazer over her shoulders. Tony slid his arms around her waist, pulling her in as he let his lips find hers, two puzzle pieces meant to go together forever.

"I wouldn't mind getting back into bed..."

"And I don't particularly want another child right now, Aurora fills our hands enough," Deli said with a laugh, kissing his cheek as she stalked toward the bedroom door. "You have ten minutes, get dressed!"

◼ ◼ ◼

"Try to remember the kind of September. When grass was green," the soft, gentle voice of Maria Stark floated through the room accompanied by her piano as her husband, Howard Stark, walked through the door, launched into a deep conversation with Benjamin Motter. She ceased her singing, casting a glance to the couch behind her and the lump under the blanket. "Wake up, dear, and say goodbye to your father."

"Who's the homeless person on the couch?" Howard commented, half sarcastic and half serious as Benjamin laughed. Young Tony Stark rose from the couch, eyeing his father.