sixty-four

"You remember the plan?" Audelia commented, adjusting the bracelet's on her wrists as she held a briefcase in her other hand, looking up at Steve next to her, Sam Wilson standing behind the pair

"We've gone over it a thousand times, Deli,"

"I'm just trying to make sure 70 years in the ice didn't screw with your memory too much,"

Steve reached forward to the control room door, knocking on it before taking a step back. Sam and Audelia grabbed their gun, holding them up to the door as it popped open, revealing a shocked looking intern that worked in the control room. Steve took a step forward, a small smirk on his face.

"Excuse us,"

The intern stepped backwards as Audelia and Sam got to work. Sam rounded all of the workers up, locking them up in a room across the way while Audelia sat down at the desk, bypassing all of the current firewalls in order to gain Steve access to the sound-system throughout the entirety of the building. Once it was in place, she turned to her friend with a nod, pushing the microphone toward him.

"They'll listen to you, Steve," she told him with a small smile. "Have faith. Not everyone is on the wrong side here."

Steve sent his friend a smile before taking the microphone into his hands as his voice was broad-casted throughout the building.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control," Steve's eyes trailed over to Audelia as she nodded her head, encouraging him on. "They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

A proud smile crossed Audelia's face as Steve Rogers turned back to her and Sam Wilson, who was nodding his head at his new friend.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" 

"You're talking to Captain America," Deli informed the man, shooting her friend a smile as she slid into the seat at the control panel. "Of course it was off the top of his head."

Audelia moved through the information on the screen, her eyes widening as she realized that the ships systems were being initialized and that they were out of time and options.

"They're initiating launch," Sam said, looking over her shoulder before stepping back and looking to Steve. "I'll clear the hallway, give us a clear shot. We've got to get on those ships."