one hundred two

Tony watched from one of the catwalks sitting high above in the spaceship as the alien, who he had come to learn was named Ebony Maw, stared down Strange as he levitated before him

Tony watched from one of the catwalks sitting high above in the spaceship as the alien, who he had come to learn was named Ebony Maw, stared down Strange as he levitated before him. Tony winced as what looked like sharp shards of glace began to pierce into his skin as he screamed, but Tony had a feeling that Strange wasn't going to be giving up that stone for anything.

Even as he stared down at the scene before him, it was Audelia's voice that rang through his head, the voice he couldn't shake. It was her voice that propelled him through Afghanistan, her voice he heard as he went into the wormhole, her voice that carried him through every battle to remind him that he needed to see her again.

It weighed heavy on his heart to believe that he was never going to hear it again. Not her's, not Aurora's, hell he'd even kill to hear Nate's one more time, and that was saying something.

Tony spun around, repulsor ready to fire as there was a tapping on his suit. He let out the breath he was holding, seeing that it was just Strange's human-like cloak hovering in the air.

"Wow you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?"

"Yeah, speaking of loyalty..."

If looks could kill, Peter Parker would've been dead the second that Tony turned around to look at him.

"What the-"

"I know what you're going to say-"

"You should not be here-"

"I was going to go home-"

"I don't want to hear it-"

"But it was such a long way down and I just thought about you on the way..."

"And now I have to hear it!" Tony called out, absolutely exasperated by the situation at hand. He needed Peter and Audelia on earth, he wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to either of them, yet here the kid was.

"I kinda stuck to the side of the ship. And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So if anything, it's kinda your fault that I'm here,"

Once again, if looks could kill, both Tony and the cloak would've killed him.

"What did you just say?"

"I take that back. And now I'm here in space-"

"Yeah. Right where I don't want you to be, exactly why Dell isn't here," Tony stood right in front of Peter, looking down on him. "This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. It's a one-way ticket. You hear me? Don't pretend like you thought this through. You could not have possibly thought this through."

"No. I did think this through-"

"You could not have possibly thought this through-"

"Deli always told me to just be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, and I can't be that if there's no neighborhood," Peter stared up at Tony's dead-pan, backtracking on his words. "Okay look, I know that didn't make sense, but you know what I'm trying to say. I'm...I'm here. Let me help so you can get back to Ms. Motter and I can get back to Aunt May."