one hundred three

Tony Stark and Stephen Strange spent the entirety of the trip in almost silence, just staring into space and watching the controls

Tony Stark and Stephen Strange spent the entirety of the trip in almost silence, just staring into space and watching the controls. No one knew what to say, or truthfully had anything to say. They all knew the odds of coming back from this were slim.

The ship began to rock back and forth, the image of space before them suddenly changes into what looked like the ground of a planet. Tony and Strange both straightened up as Peter walked toward them.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"I think we're here..."

"Yeah, but I don't think we have a self-park function here," the suit enveloped Tony as he placed one hand into the right side of the steering mechanism. "Kid, get your hand inside this steering gimble and close this around it."

"I got it, I got it,"

"This was meant for one big guy," Tony instructed him. "We have to move at the same time."

"Got it, I'm ready," the ship approached what looked to be a docking port, as the pair tried despertly to steer it. "We might want to- turn, turn, turn!"

Strange stepped forward, and with a wave of his hands placed a shield around the group. They braced in place as the ship crashed into the earth, Strange's shield keeping them safe from the pieces of debris around them.

"You alright?" Strange nodded, grabbing Tony's hand as he brought him up to his feet. "That was close. I owe you one."

"Let me just say," Peter webbed himself down from the ceiling, hanging upside down. "If aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I eat one of you, I'm sorry."

"I don't wanna hear another single pop culture out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?"

"I'm trying to say that something is coming-"

Something rolled between the group on the floor and detonated, throwing them all back. The group known as the Guardians of the Galaxy came busting through a hole in the ship, prepared to attack without knowing they were attacking the Avengers from Earth.

"THANOS!!!!" Drax screamed into the ship, launching knives toward Strange as he blocked them with a shield.

Tony flew up into the air after Peter Quill, narrowing avoiding his shots as he fired back at him, ducking and weaving between the debris. Tony flew forward and caught onto Peter, the pair spinning in the air before Tony threw him back to the floor below. Peter was able to fashion a device to his chest though and activated it, magnetically sticking Tony to the closest wall.

Tony managed to unstick himself, placing a foot on top of a struggling Drax and pointing his repulsor at him as he turned, seeing Peter Quill with Peter Parker in a headlock, his blaster pointed at his head.

"Alright, everybody, stay where you are... chill the F out," Quill lifted his helmet, looking at Tony. "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?"