sixty-two

"Mama,"

"Mama,"

"We're leaving soon, sweetheart, don't worry,"

Little Aurora Motter played with the ends of Audelia hair from the place in which she sat on her mother's hip. Audelia placed a kissed on her forehead, her gaze moving back out to the ocean before her as she stood on the cliff's edge, the place in which the living room of Tony and Audelia's Malibu home had stood just two weeks before. Now, all that was left was the overlook to the ocean beyond.

So many memories had lied right here, in this very place where the house used to stand. So many memories that were forever ingrained into Audelia's mind forever. So many moments with Tony that she would cherish for the rest of her life.

"It's quite the view,"

Tony's voice was soft as he appeared beside Audelia, his hand coming to rest on the small of her back. She smiled, closing her eyes at the feeling as she felt his lips comes to rest against her forehead.

Turning in place, Audelia looked up into the eyes of the man she loved more than anything as he leaned down and placed a kiss on Aurora's head as well. Deli let her free hand come up to rest on Tony's chest. Her fingers moved over the shirt, over the place in which the arc reactor used to lay in his chest.

"How's it feel?" She whispered, looking up at him. "A whole week without it in your chest."

"Quite nice, seeing as that means there's not a bunch of tiny pieces of shrapnel floating around in my chest trying to kill me at all moments of the day,"

A laugh escaped Audelia's lips as she slapped his arm lightly, a smile crossing Tony's lips as he wound an arm around her waist, pulling her back to his side.

The billionaire reached inside of her jacket with his free hand, pulling it out to reveal the arc reactor sitting in his hand. Tony stared down at it, admiring it for a moment while Audelia watched him carefully.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked him, gaze drifting between him and the reactor. "Are you sure you want to let it go?"

"It's the past. It's time to look toward the future," Tony's eyes trailed back up to Audelia, a smile crossing his lips. "Besides, if the future is what's standing beside me, then it's gonna be one hell of a time."

A red hue decorated Audelia's cheeks as he turned, watching as Tony walked up to the very edge of the cliff side. He took another look down at it before reeling back and throwing it out into the depths of the ocean, leaving all of the past at the bottom of the cliff.

"So now what?" Audelia asked him as Tony came back to her side, hand circling her waist again as they walked away from the cliff side. "What do we do now?"

"Enjoy retirement until the world needs Iron Man and Imperial," Tony shot back as a grin crossed his lips. "Stark Headquarters is officially moving to New York so that's where Pepper will be. Found out Nathan is taking a permanent position at that hospital in New York too. I'm thinking we follow suit, keep the whole fam together."

"I'm on board, as long as you never say fam to me again," Tony let out a laugh as Audelia stopped walking, turning him to face her head on as she stared up at him. "And this? Us? Where do we go with this?"

"We figure it out," Tony said simply with a grin. "Can't be that hard. We know everything about each other, we can skip the awkward parts. Besides, this has been a long time coming, I think we can figure it out."

"And Rora?"

Tony's grin turned into a smirk as he took Aurora out of Audelia's arms, leaning in and placing a kiss on her lips quickly before pulling back to look at Aurora.

"I'll treat her like my own, just as I always have. I just gotta do the opposite of dad,"

Tony Stark took off running toward the car that awaited them, tossing Aurora up in the air as she giggled loudly, falling back into his arms as he twirled her around.

Audelia stood in her spot, head tilted as she smiled at the pair with adoration and love in her eyes.

As she watched Tony strap her into her car seat, the sound of her mother's voice running through her head.

See, Audelia? This is the kind of man you should marry one day. Smart, sophisticated, driven, an all around good man. You don't want to end up with a Tony Stark the rest of your life, do you?

"I think you were wrong, mom," Audelia whispered to herself, her eyes never leaving the pair at the car. "He's the exact person I want to end up with."

"Dell!" the call of Tony's voice shook her out of her haze. Tony stood in front of the passenger side door, holding it open for her. "We don't got all day, baby, you coming?"

Audelia's grin widened as she nodded her head.

"Always,"

◼ ◼ ◼

SEE!?!?!?!?!?! If ya'll would just trust me I told you it would be worth it in the end god