seventy-nine

"You know, it wasn't so long ago that you were vehemently opposed to the idea of the superhero lifestyle,"

"Yeah, well, opinions can change,"

Nathan Porter and Audelia Motter shared a laugh, standing in the middle of one of the large common areas of the brand new Avengers compound in upstate, New York. Aurora was just off to the side, having what seemed like an adorable conversation with Natasha and Director Fury, giving the pair time to talk.

"Aurora going to be staying with you and Pepper today or is she coming with Tony and I?"

"You two can take her, I've got a new job to start,"

Deli cocked an eyebrow, seeing Tony approached from the corner of her eye she she looked at Nathan.

"New job? You didn't tell me about this,"

"That's because he hasn't told me about it," Tony interjected, standing beside Nathan as he held out his hand. "I assume this is you accepting the position."

Nathan laughed, shaking hands with Tony as the men smiled at one another.

"Yes, it is,"

Audelia looked between the pair strangely, never having seen them be so nice to one another. She was kind of scared, to be honest.

"Okay, does one of you want to explain what's going on right now?"

"Nathan has done some great work for SHIELD, starting with the events in New York, and just recently for us in Sokovia..." Tony trailed off as he stepped up to Audelia's side, his arm wrapping around her waist tightly. "I offered him the position as the Director of the Avengers Medical Team."

Audelia smiled brightly, looking between Nathan and Tony, two of the most important men in her life.

"I knew you two would eventually warm up to one another and become friends-"

"Let's not go that far," they spoke in unison, glaring at one another as they did so as Audelia laughed.

Aurora ran up to the pair, jumping into Audelia's arms as she caught her daughter. They bid goodbye to Nathan, watching as he followed after Director Fury as they launched themselves into a discussion.

Tony's arm stayed wrapped around Audelia's waist, keeping her as close to him as possible as Aurora sat relaxed in her mom's arms, dozing off. They joined Thor and Steve, walking down the hallway toward the exit of the compound.

"I think the rules have changed," Steve suddenly spoke, breaking the silence among the team as he looked across Thor and to Tony and Deli. "The Vision is artificial intelligence after all."

Tony and Deli laughed lightly, realizing what Steve was referring to.

"He is a machine," Deli concluded as she adjusted Aurora on her hip.