one hundred eight

Steve Rogers turned around at the sound of Bucky's voice

Steve Rogers turned around at the sound of Bucky's voice. Bucky took a single step toward his friend before his body fell to the earth below, a simple pile of dust.

Audelia's breath caught in her throat at the sight as she gripped onto Natasha's arm, trying to make sense of what had just transpired before her. They could hear the frantic screams of Okoye for T'Challa across the forest, the king that had just turned to dust.

Rocket, the racoon, let out a cry as he watched Groot turn to dust, his hands picking up the specs of dust on the ground. Steve stood before them, doing the same with the dust of Bucky Barnes.

Rhodey could be hear, frantically calling out for Sam. Audelia let a tear slip as she realized that Sam was probably lying in a pile of dust as well.

Wanda disintegrated as well, leaning over the body of Vision as she welcomed death.

"Audelia? AUDELIA!"

Deli let a sob slip as her suit retreated back into the necklace around her neck. She turned at the sound of Nathan's voice, another sob racking her throat as she realized that he was okay. Nathan caught her eye, running forward as he dragged Deli into his arms, holding her tight as she sobbed into his chest.

"They- I don't know what's- I don't know," Audelai couldn't find the words as she looked up at Nathan frantically. "A-Aurora, oh god. Oh god, Rora-"

"She's okay," Nate tried to calm her, holding her steady. "Pepper called, they're okay. Aurora is okay."

"What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhodey questioned the team as they all looked around frantically.

Audelia looked up to the sky as Nathan held her, letting another sob rack her throat as she thought about Tony, alone on some planet far away. She had no idea whether he'd come back, or if he was lying in a pile of dust.

"Oh god," Steve whispered as he sat next to the dust pile of Bucky Barnes, realizing what had just happened.

On Titan, there was a strange feeling in the air suddenly.

Mantis could feel it all, looking around frantically at the sky. Peter grabbed onto Tony, helping his injured mentor to his feet as they all turned to look at Mantis.

"Something's happening,"

No one could say anything back before Mantis disappeared into a pile of dust.

"Quill?"

Quill's breath caught in his throat as he turned to look at Drax. Drax couldn't say anything else before he, too, disintegrated into dust.

"Steady Quill," Tony told the man, seeing the horrified look on his face. Tony's surely mirrored his. Quill looked down to his hands, seeing them begin to fade as well.

"Oh man,"

Tony's breath caught in his throat as he realized what was happening as he watched the ashes of Quill fall to the ground. Peter held onto his arm tighter for a moment.

"Tony," he turned to face Strange as he looked toward him. "There was no other way."

Tony felt as if he couldn't breath as Strange, too, faded away into nothing. It wasn't until he heard the voice of Peter Parker did he begin to fall apart.

"Mr. Stark?" Tony turned quickly, seeing Peter standing behind him. He looked down at his hands, his breathing becoming staggered as he looked up at him. "I don't feel so good."

"You're alright," Tony tried to tell him, his voice shaking with terror as Peter stumbled forward.

"I don't know what's -- I don't know what's happening. I don't--" Peter fell into Tony's arms, gripping onto him as he cried. "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, Mr. Stark, please. Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go..."

Peter's body fell onto the ground as Tony hovered over him, feeling panicked as he realized there was nothing he could do to stop this.

"I'm sorry..."

Tony choked on the air as Peter faded away into dust. He fell back, his hands covered in the ashes of Peter Parker as he held them to his face, his eyes closed as he tried to comprehend it all. As he realized that Audelia was lightyears away, probably reduced to a pile of dust herself.

"He did it,"

The Avengers had lost.

◼ ◼ ◼

IT HAPPENED

IT HAPPENED