seventeen

6 MONTHS LATERFLUSHING, NEW YORK

6 MONTHS LATER
FLUSHING, NEW YORK

"I think the simplistic way for me to begin this is by just saying welcome back to the Stark Expo!"

The crowd of thousands, who had slaved away for days in lines just to even be inside of the same building as the main stage of the Stark Expo, erupted into cheers. The giant screen of the main expo stage flashed to life as the music began, the familiar and beloved logo of the Stark Expo flashing on the screen, followed by the woman kicking it all off.

Audelia Motter's heels clicked on the stage as she appeared from behind the curtain, her face plastered on the stage behind her. She smiled and waved to the crowd, microphone held in one hand as the crowd grew louder at the sight of the woman.

Letting out a laugh as Audelia placed herself at center stage, she held her hand up, asking for silence from the crowd as they followed her direction.

"I never thought that I would get the chance to stand on this stage, the stage of the greatest technological expo in the world," the crowd cheered at Deli's comment as she began to walk the stage. "My father, Benjamin Motter, was Howard's assistant back in the 1940's, as many of you may already know. At the age of only 16, my father left his life behind to follow Howard into the adventures of technology. He had the privilege of working with his best friend on one of the very first expo's. Then, Howard and Benjamin were blessed enough to meet Maria Carnbonell and Elizabeth Burgland. To this day, I'll never understand how those two men managed to snag women like them."

The crowd erupted into laughter as a smile crossed Audelia's face, the screen behind her flashing with photos of Howard and Benjamin at one of the first Stark Expo's.

"Howard and my mother, Elizabeth, quickly became best friends. They worked together side by side on almost everything," Audelia continued as she paced the stage. "You can say I definitely inherited her brain. She had the privilege of standing side by side with Howard at the Stark Expo, showing not only his creations to the world, but her own, the ones they had created together."

The crowd cheered as they looked upon the screen. Audelia turned, a sad smile on her lips as the image of Howard and Elizabeth, standing center stage at the Stark Expo of 1974 flashed across the screen.

"It's amazing to know that I get to follow in the footsteps of both my mother and father," Audelia turned back to the crowd with a grin. "That every day I get to work alongside my best friend in the whole entire world, that we get to create amazing technology and share it with you all...that I get to stand up here today and introduce you all to Tony Stark!"

The crowd roared once again, many on their feet as they cheered. Audelia looked around with a smile, seeing so many of them wearing toy Iron Man helmets. But through the crowd, Deli couldn't contain her smile from turning into a smirk as she saw a familiar flash of purple and gold every few feet, and she could hear the shouts throughout the crowd.