fourteen

"Suit power is at 48% and falling, sir,"

Audelia clung onto the back of Tony's suit, her mask scanning the skies as Tony flew them in the direction of the Stark Industries Warehouse. If Obadiah was creating something, it was most likely in a top secret section of the warehouse.

"I told you, that chest piece isn't designed for a sustained flight," Audelia told Tony's through the comms, knowing that trying to speak out loud would just be drowned out by the rush of the air. "You're going to have to be careful, conserve power."

"You know, you're going to have the same issues with your suit, right?"

"My arc reactor will be in the suit, not in my chest. Less risk of me immediately dying if I drain all the power,"

"Can you stop being right for, like, .2 seconds?"

JARVIS alerted the pair on both of their screens that they were quickly approaching the warehouse. A digital scan popped up of the parking lot, showing Pepper Potts standing in the parking lot outside of the warehouse in the distance.

"JARVIS, get Pepper on the phone," Deli told the AI, the ringing tone of the phone coming through for just a second before Pepper's picture appeared on her head's up display. "Pepper! Are you okay?"

"Deli! Oh god, are you and Tony okay?"

"Pep, we're okay-"

"Oh god, Obadiah, he's gone insane!"

"Pepper, we know!" Tony called out as JARVIS patched him into the call. "Listen, you gotta get out of there, right now!"

The sound of Pepper's screams cut off whatever she was about to say back to them, the call immediately hanging up as JARVIS showed an outline now of Obadiah in his suit standing over top of Pepper.

Deli grasped onto the back of Tony's suit harder as he kicked his suit into gear, flying faster now toward the warehouse.

As they rounded the corner, Obadiah looked up into the sky, his suit turning to face the pair as they hurtled toward him. Tony shouted at Deli just as they neared Obadiah, the woman jumping off his back and landing on the ground in a defensive stance in front of Pepper as Tony and Obadiah went hurtling through the ground and into the section of the warehouse built below.

Pepper let out a cry, her hands gripping onto Deli's exposed shoulders as the front doors of the warehouse busted open. Audelia whipped around, pushing Pepper behind her as JARVIS outlined the incoming guards working for Obadiah.

"You might want to take a step back, Pep,"

Lifting her arms, Deli charging up her repulsors and blasted at each of the three guards as they rushed toward the two women. Her repulsors died down, the power dissipating as she turned back to face Pepper.