fifty-six

Tony heaved out a sigh as he dragged his armor through the large doors of a shed in one of Rose Hill's resident's backyards

Tony heaved out a sigh as he dragged his armor through the large doors of a shed in one of Rose Hill's resident's backyards. Wasn't his first choice in plan, but it's all he had at the moment.

Using all of his upper body strength, Tony heaved the heavy armor up onto the couch in the garage, allowing it to sit down on the couch as he fell into the spot beside it, resting his body for a second. After the ordeal he had been through, all he wanted to do was sit down and take a deep breath and control himself and get a grip on the situation. Unfortunately, he had work to do.

The garage/shed, Tony wasn't sure which it was meant to be, was covered in different gadgets and gizmos that made him perplexed, but fortunately for him it had everything he needed. Taking a seat at one of the lab tables, Tony flicked on the lamp and positioned it over his arm, needing to get inside and work on the pieces underneath his skin that were most likely damaged during the explosions. The man stared down at his arm before pausing, reaching into his pocket and taking out his wallet, flipping it up.

A picture of Audelia Motter stared back up at him. Her bright smile, the sun glinting off of her chestnut hair as she posed for the picture. The tour guide had taken it of her back in Lake Bled all those years ago. 

She had no idea that Tony had the picture, let alone carried it with him everywhere. She'd never know how much he truly loved her.

Throwing it onto the table beside him so that the picture stared back up at him, he grabbed onto a pair of pliers and got to work, gritting his teeth as he knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant feeling.

"Freeze!" the billionaire lifted his head, looking up into the eyes of a young boy standing in the doorway, pointing a potato gun at him. "Don't move."

"You got me," Tony entertained the kid as he raised his hands in the air, though his voice shows his clear annoyance. His eyes trailed to the gun again as he nodded at it. "Nice potato gun. Barrel's a little long. Between that and the wide gauge, it's gonna diminish your FPS."

The boy aimed the gun at a glass on a top shelf, firing as the potato launched out of it and shattered it. Tony smirked triumphantly as he lowered his hands.

"And now you're out of ammo,"

The young kid seemed uncomfortable, knowing he had been outsmarted, but kept the gun aimed at Tony still.

"What's that thing on your chest?"

"This?" Tony questioned, tapping on the arc reactor. "It's a electromagnet. You should know, you've got a box of them right here."

"What's it power?"

Tony hesitated for a moment. With everything that had literally just happened, he wasn't sure if letting people know who he was right now was the right move. But the kid seemed harmless enough, so he stepped out of the way and shined the light on his suit perched on the couch.