one hundred twenty-six

Tony hissed in pain as Audelia helped slid his jacket over his shoulders, the material rubbed against the bandages wrapped around his arm and upper chest

Tony hissed in pain as Audelia helped slid his jacket over his shoulders, the material rubbed against the bandages wrapped around his arm and upper chest. She pressed a kiss to his shoulder, rubbing his back as he took a deep breath.

"That hurt more than Peter hitting me in the eye with that rubberband,"

Audelia laughed, looking at her husband in the mirror with adoration in her eyes.

"Well, I think when we compare a rubberband with six infinity stones, it's easy to see the winner," Tony turned to face her, moving the collar of her shirt out of the way for a moment as his fingers grazed over her own bandages. She winced, quickly hiding it as she grabbed her hand. "I'm okay, stop worrying."

"You're like this because of me-"

"And you're alive because of me, so don't start with me," she pressed a chaste kiss to his lips before pulling him toward the door. "Come on, they're waiting for us."

Natasha was already standing beside Bucky and Sam when the pair approached. They greeted their friends with smiles before turning their attention to Bruce as he readied the stones for transport with Steve.

"Now, remember– You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them. Or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities-"

"Clip all the branches, I got it," Steve said with a small smile, turning to look at his friends as they awaited him. "Let me go talk to the worriers over there."

Tony stepped away from Audelia as he brought Steve into a hug, wincing at the pain in his arm as he gesturing to the super solider.

"How is this fair that you get to literally grab the gauntlet and the stones on my hand and yet you come away absolutely fine?"

Steve laughed, clapping his non-injured shoulder with his hand.

"A better question for your dad, unfortunately," Steve turned to Deli and Natasha with a grin. "How are my two favorite girls?"

"Don't let Aurora hear you say that, you'll upset her," Steve laughed, as did Natasha. "Be safe."

"I will," Steve spoke, his eyes lingering on Natasha for a moment before moving to talk to Sam and Bucky. 

Deli threw her non-injured around around Natasha, bringing her into a side hug as they stood together as Steve approached the platform, stepping on top of it.

"How long is this gonna take?" Sam questioned Bruce.

"For him? As long as he needs. For us? Five seconds," Bruce activated the platform as Steve let the quantum suit envelop his body. "Ready, Cap? We'll meet you back here, okay?"

"You bet,"

By the count of three the portal opened, sucking Steve into the quantum realm and onto his journey to return the stones. The team waiting in anticipation as Bruce readied the machine.