forty-one

Tony Stark threw his body on top of Audelia's shielding her from the blast as they hit the floor of the lab together, Steve Rogers landing just a few feet away from the pair

The trio shot up from the ground, looking around the wreckage of the room as they realized they were the only ones left inside, the rest of the team having been blasted elsewhere. Tony and Deli automatically looked to Steve, who was already looking at them.

"Put on the suits,"

"Yup!"

Deli grabbed onto Tony, hauling him to his feet as Steve grabbed onto both of them, shoving them out of the room and into the hallway, the emergency lights blinking as agents ran past in every direction.

"Someone needs to get outside and repair that engine!" Maria Hill's voice flooded the comms as Steve, Deli, and Tony ran down the hallways of the hellicarrier.

"Stark, Motter, you copy?"

"On it!" Audelia called back to Fury as her and Tony peeled off down a different hallway, motioning Steve down toward engine 3 and letting him know they'd meet him there as soon as possible.

Tony pulled his phone out of his pocket, hitting a button on the screen as the garage like doors in front of them opened, the lights inside the room illuminating the Iron Man and Imperial armor. With another click of the button, the suits opened up to allow Audelia and Tony to step into them.

The pieces of the suits fastened themselves around Audelia and Tony, moving together into place as they turned to face one another, the masks of their helmets moving down to cover their faces until they were completely encased by their suits.

"Have I ever told you how hot it is to watch you suit up?"

"Not the time, Tony,"

JARVIS scanned the room, highlighting a door across the way that led to the outside of the ship. Tony flew forward, blasting it open as Audelia followed him up into the sky. Taking a moment to scan the skies, JARVIS got a lock on a SHIELD quinjet sitting on top of the hellicarrier.

"It's definitely Barton," Tony told his best friend, his voice flooding through her suit. "We need to get to engine 3."

The pair soared through the air and around the hellicarrier, coming up on the destroyed engine just as Steve's voice flowed through their comms.

"Stark! Motter! I'm here!"

"Good," Steve watched as the pair hovered in front of the destroyed engine, Tony's helmet turning to face Audelia. "Dell, give us a reading. What are we working with?"

The woman flew up to the engine, scanning the entirety of it as she pulled up the specs on her display screen, moving through the different parts.

"Super conducting cooling system is damaged, it's going to take me a second to get it back online," she informed the pair as she moved through the rest of the diagrams. "Relays must be in overload...Steve, you gotta get to the engine control panel and let us know what's out of place. I'll work on the system, Tony you gotta get inside and work on dislodging the debris."