twenty-two

Audelia Motter flew through the hallways of the building, taking off toward the front doors as fast as possible in search of Happy and the car

Audelia Motter flew through the hallways of the building, taking off toward the front doors as fast as possible in search of Happy and the car. Natalie had been sent back to Nathan and Pepper to keep them occupied and keep them safe inside the building while she dealt with the problems currently occurring on the track.

Rushing out the front doors of the building, the road was deserted as everyone was too busy watching the track to see Tony Stark driving a formula one vehicle. Her head whipped around at the frantic announcing on the television screen outside the doors, showing what was currently happening at the finish line of the track.

A man walked out onto the track, right in the path of the cars. Deli's eyes widened considerably as she watched him rip open his shirt, a replica arc reactor sitting in the middle of his chest.

The clothes on his back burned right off as he held out his hands, electric whips extending from the metal suit that lied around his body. One of the race cars roared down the road toward him as he threw out his whip, cutting the car in half as it rolled down the infamous road, rolling over and over in a blaze of fire.

"Deli!" the woman ripped around at the sight of Happy Hogan standing outside the car, Tony's briefcase holding his suit in his hands. The woman ran forward as Happy threw the case to her, holding her armor in one and her best friend's in the other.

"Go, go, go!" she shouted, throwing herself into the backseat as Happy hit the gas, driving straight through the barrier that lead onto the racetrack. "We need to get the suit to Tony!"

"Well, I'm kind of driving the opposite way right now, Deli!" Happy called back frantically, swerving back and forth on the roadway as the formula one cars raced past them in the opposite direction.

Audelia took a look down at her briefcase, considering grabbing it and letting the familiar feel of her suit envelop her. But he mind stopped at the thought of Nathan, at the thought of millions of people watching this being broadcast live. If Imperial showed up all the way in Monaco, there would be no saving of her secret identity.

Instead, Audelia reached under the backseat and produced the handgun placed under it, loading it and readying it as she kept a hold on the car as Happy flung the car around the bends of the track.

Turning onto the final stretch, Deli's eyes widened at the sight of Tony in the distance, surrounded by a wall of fire as the man with the electric whips stalked toward him, electricity practically flowing off of the man. Deli squeezed her eyes shut, holding tightly to the handles of the car and the seat as Happy drove the car straight into the man, throwing him against the metal fencing of the racetrack as all went silent for a moment.

"Are you okay?!?"

"Were you heading from me or him? Because I can't tell!"

"You're fucking insane," Deli commented when she finally opened her eyes, looking out of her rolled down window to Tony, who stood beside the car covered in soot from the fires. "Absolutely, unequivocally, fucking insane Anthony Edward Stark!"