ninety-one

Audelia only had one thing on her mind as Bucky swung a punch at Tony: keep them all from killing one another

Even if the love of her life hated her right now.

Tony gripped onto Bucky's neck, flying across the room with him as he slammed his body into the floor. Audelia flew across the room, gripping onto Tony's shoulder as she yanked him off. Tony turned in retaliation, firing his repulsor at her and sending her flying back. He turned back to Bucky, only to be knocked away by Steve's shield.

The fight between them didn't last long as Tony tied Steve's legs up, turning back to Bucky as he held him down, ready to fire. Bucky deflected the shot, which instead hit a support beam, ready to bring the entire building to the ground.

Audelia shot at the device wrapping up Steve's legs, freeing him as she flew toward the other two. She flew straight into Tony, knocking him away from Bucky and to the floor as the room began to crumble around them.

"Tony, please!" Audelia tried to reason as she climbed on top of him, holding him down the best she could. "I'm sorry I lied, I'm sorry, but you have to stop!"

Audelia was flung to the side with ease as Tony flew out of the room after Bucky, no before Steve was able to use his shield to damage one of his jet boots. Tony retaliated by destroying the entrance to the room, blocking Steve and Audelia inside.

Deli groaned, moving to her feet as she made her way toward the debris covered entrance, her helmet retreating for a moment as Steve stood, looking over at her.

"Deli-"

"I wish you would've lied to me, I wish you wouldn't have done this to me," she spoke, a single tear running down her cheek as she looked at him, using the built in lasers of her suit to cut through the debris and give them an exit, putting her helmet back on. "Just don't let them kill each other."

The pair ran into the room as Audelia grabbed onto Steve, giving him a lift into the air and launching him up, allowing him to block Bucky from the incoming shot from Tony. Deli hit the latch button at the bottom of the room, opening the top hatch in hopes of allowing Bucky to escape. 

Deli flew up into the air as Steve latched onto Tony, the pair spiraling downwards in the air together. Deli intercepted them, knocking them apart as he and Steve fell to one side, giving Tony the perfect chance to fire at the latch, breaking it apart and closing it as Bucky fell backwards.

Tony met him halfway, putting him in a choke hold before Bucky grabbed a metal pipe, swinging and knocking the two off of the platform as they fell through the air, still tangled together. Deli and Steve both jumped out to stop them, all of them colliding together as they fell to the ground below.

Audelia hit the ground hard, her suit systems compromised from the fighting as she landed on her back, rolling out of sight of the rest of them. Her eyesight was immediately blurry, a headache coming on strong as she ripped the helmet off her head, staring up at the concrete before her.

She gingerly reached toward the back of her head, feeling the strong amount of blood pouring from a wound in the back. She heard grunts and the sound of metal on metal, so she drug herself up the small incline of concrete and threw herself over the top.

She let out a cry as she saw Bucky and Steve ganging up on Tony, who tried to outsmart them both as they came down hard on him. She tried to drag herself to her feet to step into the fight, but she felt weaker by the second from the amount of blood she was losing from her wound.

Bucky had Tony up against the wall, his metal arm digging into the chest repulsor of Tony's suit, crushing it in his hand before Tony fired it, cutting the metal arm clean off of Bucky's body as he fell to the ground.

Audelia crawled toward Bucky, pressing her fingers to his neck as she felt his pulse, ensuring he was still alive as the room glowed with the light of Tony's repulsor firing off of Steve's shield.

The woman on the ground felt in and out of complete consciousness, knowing the amount of blood she was losing wasn't good. She watched them continue to fight, hand to hand, repuslor shots fired every few seconds, punches thrown to the face, kicks, everything you could imagine.

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she watched Steve knock Tony to the ground, crawling on top of him as he used his shield, knocking his helmet to pieces. He stood up, the shield raised in his hands as he looked down at Tony, and Audelia saw her entire life flash before her eyes.

The nights where Tony made the stupidly simple hot dogs and mac n cheese to cheer her up, and it worked every single time.

Every second at MIT, studying what she loved at the side of the man she loved most in this world.

The day he came home from Afghanistan, and Audelia knew she could never live without him.

When she thought she lost him on that floor of the lab, no arc reactor in his chest.

New York, where she realized it was always going to be him, no matter what.

When she watched their house crumble around him, and thought he was gone forever.

She knew in that moment, that no matter how much Tony Stark may hate her for the rest of their lives, she was always going to love him. It was always going to be him.

Steve paused mid air as Audelia used the last of her strength to throw herself over top of Tony, her body covering the arc reactor Tony was aiming for as she looked up at him, tears in her eyes as she looked at her friend.

"Please..." she pleaded, her words almost inaudible from how tired she was.

Steve backed away, the shield on his arm as Audelia rolled off of Tony, watching him go as she began to struggle to breathe. He grabbed onto Bucky, heaving him up to his feet as he began to walk away.

"That shield doesn't belong to you," Tony called out. "You don't deserve it. My father made that shield!

The only thing that Audelia could register was the sound of the shield hitting the concrete floor.

With shallow breaths, Audelia's back hit the floor, her eyes drooping as she stared up at the ceiling, before Tony's face popped up in front of her's. He was speaking, but she couldn't hear a thing.

She smiled though, as her world faded to black, knowing the last thing she saw was Tony Stark.

◼ ◼ ◼

Anyone else tear up? Because I did