fifty-one

"Oh you have got to be kidding me,"

All Audelia Motter wanted to do was come home and relax, spend some time with Aurora and pretend that there wasn't anything bad happening in the world at the moment. Maybe she'd even maneuver her way down to the lab and work work on her Mark 6, just for fun.

What she wasn't expecting was the stuffed rabbit bigger than the house to be sitting in the driveway, his little tag reading 'MERRY CHRISTMAS DELL'.

With a loud sigh, the woman made her way into the house, throwing her keys down on the entryway table and she let out a short laugh, seeing the Iron Man armor poised on the couch and waiting for her.

"So...you're wearing this in the house now? Or are you remotely controlling this one?"

"I'm definitely wearing it," Tony's voice flooded out of the suit as it moved to stand, though Deli wasn't buying any of it. She knew Tony too well. "Just breakin' it in. You know, it's always a little pinchy in the gooey bag at first, so. Oh, did you see your Christmas present?"

"Tony, I don't think I could've missed it," Deli shot back as she sat down on the couch, removing her heels as she looked up at the armor. "I would love to know how you plan on getting that through the door, though."

"Well actually, uh...it's a good question. I got a team of guys comin' tomorrow, they're gonna blow out that wall," the hands of the armor moved to Deli's shoulders, massaging them as she leaned back with a smile at the feeling. "Wow, so tense, so many knots. Guess you're a naughty girl. Long day?"

"Well, my dad started with you having a severe panic attack and flying away from lunch followed by dealing with a narcissistic, misogynistic man in my meeting," Deli shot at her friend, turning and rising to her feet to stare at the armor. "So yes, a long day indeed."

"I could think of a thousand ways to make you feel better, one of them includes a bed-"

"What I would like is to see my daughter," a little smirk crossed the woman's face as she cocked an eyebrow, standing directly in front of the armor. "Where might she be?"

"In her play pen in the lab,"

"So while you're up here in the armor speaking to me, you left my one year old completely alone in the dangerous lab in a play pen?"

"...yes?"

"So if I walk into that lab you aren't going to be down there?"

"Well, I wouldn't do that if I were you, we're having a radiation leak-"

"Wow, radiation leak and you left my daughter down there? Now I have to go,"

With a frown etched onto her lips, Audelia made her way down the familiar steps into the lab, ignoring Tony's incessant comments as she went. She already knew what she would find once she reached the lab, and she knew it wouldn't be good for him.