seventy-two

"Remember when Obadiah tried to kill you and you got kidnapped?"

Tony Stark let out a grunt, shaking his head, as he held out Audelia's blazer to her, allowing her to slip her arms inside.

"Yeah, that's not really something you forget, Dell-"

"Point is, you made me interim CEO of Stark Industries, which means that I had to speak in front of a lot of people and do a lot of press conferences in the months you were gone even though I didn't like speaking in front of crowds and preferred to stay out of the spotlight," Audelia spun on her heel, raising an eyebrow at her lover as she gestured to the front doors of the lobby of Avengers Tower, seeing the hoards of reporters waiting outside. "Tell me why that same girl is now the lead spokesperson for the Avengers?"

Tony smiled as he handed his lover her portfolio full of information for the conference, stepping up and wrapping his arms around her to pull her close.

"Because you're not the same Audelia you were back then. If you were, you'd still be pretending to be in love with the Nate Dog upstairs,"

"...remember this is your mess that I'm trying to contain right now,"

"And I'm grateful, now move that tight little ass toward the door,"

As the front doors to the tower were opened by security, Audelia was hit with a rush of questions from reporters as the doors were shut by security behind her. She took a deep breath as she stepped onto the podium, holding up a hand for silence as the cameras and reporters focused on her.

"Many of you know me. My name is Audelia Motter, known to many of the general public as Imperial. I am speaking to you today on behalf of the team you all know as the Avengers on an incident that occurred late last night." the reporters focused intently on the hero speaking before them. "At approximately 11:45pm here in the Avengers tower, the team was attacked by a stray Iron Legion bot that was being controlled by an artificial intelligence program known as Ultron. To answer this question now, yes, Ultron was an inside creation of the team's. Escaping through the internet, the Avengers can confirm that the reports from weapons facilities, robotics labs, and more across the globe of 'metal men' entering their premises is the work of Ultron, who we believe is increasing his intelligence through the internet every second. I will only conduct this short press conference in an orderly fashion. I have time for three questions, so make them worthwhile. You will only speak when called on."

The hands of five reporters shot up as Audelia pointed out into the crowd to a man from CNN.

"Reports coming in from these attack sites say that victims are left in fugue states. They ramble about memories from the past and the things they fear the most, though they can't see who did it to them," the cameras focused in on Audelia as she kept her composure. "Is this the work of Ultron? Is he evolving in a way that it beyond artificial intelligence?"

"The Avengers have evidence to prove that this is not the work of Ultron, but of accomplices of his although we will not be releasing that information to the public immediately," Audelia held up her hand for silence. "These individuals in question are minors, two of us myself being included having had encounters with them before. For they are minors, we will not be releasing their information and have already begun to conduct our own separate investigation."