fifty

Pepper Potts let out a sigh, trying to keep her cool as she walked through the lobby of Stark Industries with Happy Hogan hot on her tail

"Okay, I am thrilled that you're now the Head of Security, okay? It is the perfect position for you,"

"Thank you, I appreciate it-"

"Since you've taken the post, we've had a rise in staff complaints by 300 percent,"

Happy blinked, shaking his head at Pepper as they stopped in a large archway near the front of the building.

"Thank you!"

"That's not a compliment,"

"That's not a compli...? It is a compliment! Clearly somebody's trying to hide something," Pepper shook her head, taking a few steps away from the man as he caught up behind her. "Also, someone canceled your 4 o'clock today and they didn't clear it with me ahead of time."

"It wasn't canceled, Audelia is coming in to do the meeting for me, I have a dinner I have to go to,"

"You never cancel meetings? How is this dinner more important than-"

"Because it's a date," Pepper finally confessed, turning on her heel toward Happy with a tight smile. "It's a date, and that's all you need to know about it. Look, just don't tell Deli."

"Not tell Deli? Why can't I-"

"Because she can't know, okay?"

"What can't I know?"

Pepper froze, turning on her heel at the sound of Audelia's voice. The woman strode up to her two friends, eyebrows raised as her heels clicked against the marble floor until she got to their sides.

"Nothing, just some sensitive information..." the red head trailed off as she cleared her throat, motioning for Happy to follow her. "Alright, well I have to get going and your four o'clock is waiting in the lobby conference room whenever you're ready."

Audelia Motter stood in her place, watching the pair walk away with a curious gaze following them, but she decided to put it behind her. She'd seen a lot of weird behavior in her life, but this one was definitely taking the cake. But she had more important things to worry about right now.

Adjusting her blazer of her shoulders, the woman took a deep breath as she kept a tight hold on her briefcase, moving through the lobby and through the glass double doors into the lobby conference room. She shut the glass behind her as a voice spoke out from within the room.

"My my, Audelia...it's been a long time,"

The voice was strangely familiar in a way as she turned, locking eyes with the blonde that stood behind her. She saw him for what he was, a handsome man in a navy blue suit, but what she saw under that was the young man with an idea back in Switzerland years ago.