seventy-six

The compound only consisted of Bruce by the time Tony and Audelia finally made their way in, Clint following just seconds later with the cradle in tow

The compound only consisted of Bruce by the time Tony and Audelia finally made their way in, Clint following just seconds later with the cradle in tow. The team took a moment to catch their breaths, Audelia upset at the fact that Steve and his team had to engage and that Nat was captured. She was her friend, there for her in moments where she didn't know what to do, and she wasn't sure what Ultron had planned now that he had her in his grasp.

"Any word on Nat?"

Bruce questioned Tony as he entered the lab. He and Audelia stood off to the sides of the cradle, Clint still inspecting it to see if he could get into it somehow as Tony made his way completely into the room.

"Haven't heard,"

"She's definitely alive, or Ultron'd be rubbing our faces in it by now," Deli reassured her friend, while also trying to reassure herself as Clint jumped off the cradle.

"This thing is sealed tight,"

"We're going to need to access the program, break it down from within,"

Tony hummed in thought as he turned back to Clint.

"Hm. Any chance Natasha might leave you a message, outside the internet, old school spy stuff?"

"There's some nets I can cast. Yeah, alright. I'll find her,"

Clint left the room, leaving Bruce with the two lovers who were looking at one another. Deli sighed, knowing what was coming, as she turned away from Tony, chewing on her fingernail in anticipation. They had an extensive talk on the way back, concerning the cradle and what they had found back in Oslo. Deli still wasn't sure where she stood on what might happen next.

"I can work on tissue degeneration, if you can fry whatever operational system Cho implanted," Bruce told Tony, looking back at him before moving back to his work. He paused, though, and looked back at the man when he realized the look on his face and what it entailed. "No."

"You have to trust me," Tony said, taking a step toward Bruce as he took one step back, eyes widen in shock that he actually guessed where this was going correctly.

"I kind of don't,"

"Our ally? The guy protecting the military's nuclear codes? Dell and I found him,"

An orange light filled the room as the reassembled hologram of JARVIS appeared once more in the air, Bruce letting out a small gasp.

"Hello, Dr. Banner,"

"Ultron didn't go after JARVIS cause he was angry. He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do," Tony tried to reason with Bruce, stepping toward him. "So JARVIS went underground. Okay? Scattered, dumped his memory. But not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there, until Dell and I pieced him together."

Bruce stuttered for a moment, trying to wrap his head around this information.

"So, you want me to help you put JARVIS into this thing?"