four

"Stark Industries! I've got one recommendation! Ready? Ready? Sell, sell, sell! Abandon ship! Does the Hindenburg ring any bells? Let me show you the new Stark Industries business plan-"

Pepper Potts turned around once the sound on the TV cut out, coming face to face with her other boss, Audelia. She sent the woman a smile, walking into the room as her heels clicked on the floor.

"Was just keeping up to date on the nightmare," Pepper told her with a roll of her eyes as she looked back at the screen.

"Jarvis played this one for me on the ride over," Deli told her assistant with a shrug. "Wasn't that bad. Should've heard the things they were saying about Tony and I yesterday after the announcement."

"It wasn't even your choice, it's not your company you were only the interim CEO. I don't get why they're bashing you,"

"Because I'm a woman and they think it's easier to blame me for everything,"

The comment drew a laugh out of Pepper as she flashed a smile up at her best friend. Deli shot one back, taking a seat beside her on the white couch of Tony's living room as Pepper passed her a drink from the table.

"I didn't think you were stopping by today, Tony didn't say anything about it,"

"Well, I'm trying to avoid Nathan so I thought I'd come here," Deli shrugged her shoulders as she took a sip of her drink. "He took off the day off, cooked me breakfast. I walked right by him and got in the car."

"One of the top doctor's in the entire Malibu area can just take the day off without warning?"

"I don't know, didn't care enough to ask,"

Pepper frowned, seeing the look on her Audelia's face. The woman might have been one of her bosses, but she was her friend first. Seeing her so torn up over something she had quickly explained over text the night before was hard to see.

"He's your fiance, you don't want to at least talk it out?"

"He asked me to abandon my best friend, the one person who has always been there for me," Audelia looked up at Pepper with a sad smile. "He wants to talk he's going to have to admit his faults first. I have nothing to apologize for."

The pair sat in silence together before the screen that was propped up on the coffee table lit up with an incoming call from Tony in the workshop downstairs.

"Pepper, how big are your hands?"

"Excuse me?" Pepper recoiled slightly, eyes wide and startled at the question from her boss. Deli only let out a laugh.

"Wow, way to start a conversation there, Tony-"

"Dell! Good, I know you have small hands. Get to the lab, I need you,"

Placing her drink down on the table and waving goodbye to her friend quickly, Audelia made her way down the familiar stairs to Tony's workshop that sat in the basement of the house, knowing that Tony did not like to be kept waiting too long.