Date

“You look amazing, Andy.” She said quietly.

“Not nearly as amazing as you.”

She smiled slowly.

“Why are you sitting all the way over there?” I asked with a laugh, watching her as she played with her dress absentmindedly.

She looked up at me with surprise. “Oh. Um…”

I moved myself across the seats to sit  next to her. I felt her relax a little.

“Hey, no need to be nervous.” I told her.

She slipped her hand into mine and I smiled.

“I’m not too nervous. It’s just…been forever since we’ve done this.”

“I know, but I fully intend to be a gentleman tonight.”

“Like you aren’t my perfect definition of gentleman anyway?”

I laughed. “You’re sweet.”

“We’re here, sir,” the driver told us.

“Thank you, kindly. Come on, Rain. The night awaits us.”

We got out of the limo and stepped onto plush black carpeting that led into a new rocker style restaurant that I heard was amazing.

I had called in advance to book the best table. “Andy Biersack?” One man asked.

“Yeah, that’s me.”

“Is this your date?”

“She is.” Rain squeezed my hand tighter, nervously.

“Right this way.”

Everybody who worked there was dressed in leather and studs and tattoos and piercings. It looked pretty fucking awesome. The customers varied in size, shape, and appearance.

“Here you are. Here are the menus, just call one of us over when you need us.”

“Thank you,” She said.

We ordered after a few minutes and sat there waiting.

“So is DTY working on anything new?”

“Um, yeah, we’re working on a new single.”

“Yeah? What’s it sound like?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Really, Andy? Really?”

“What? It’s a legit inquiry.”

“You want me to sing in the middle of the restaurant?”

“Half of these people are rock stars, and half of them are wanna-be rock stars, so I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary. But you don’t have to, I suppose.”

“I can’t. Not-not here. It’s just too open and-"

“Rain.”

“And I’m not prepared for it and-"

Rain.”

“And I just-"

Rain! You don’t have to. I was kidding.” I laughed.

She blushed and ducked her head down.

“Oh, now,” I reached over and brushed her hand with mine. “You’ve been hanging around Gerard too much.”

That earned me a smile and a laugh.

From there, we ate dinner and things were much less awkward. We joked and laughed and had a good time. At one point, she confessed that she was worried about Jeph, as she’d never gone out on a date in the entire time since Jeph had been born.

We doodled pictures onto little slips of paper that one of the waiters had given us and traded with each other.

“I’m having a good time, Andy,” She said with a smile. “I admit, I didn’t think this would work. Not after…well, you know. I mean, yeah, all I want is for it to work, but I just..yeah. I’m having a good time.”

“That is what I was hoping for,” I smiled back.

“Have you heard of Joel Faviere?” She asked after a moment or two.

“I think so…didn’t he do something with Get Scared like...forever ago?”

“Yeah. Well, he’s agreed to feature on one of Death To You’s new songs.” She grinned happily.

“That’s great!”

“I know! I’m very happy about it. Jepha wants to meet him, so I’m going to ask if he minds if Jeph comes into the studio sometime.”

“You know, I can watch Jeph while you’re in the studio; to give Dante and Raven a break, y’know?”

“If you want to, yeah.” Her smile was soft and happy.

So was mine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's do something fun to celebrate a little holiday spirit, yeah? 5th person to comment on this gets to decide if I upload another chapter tonight.