I Love You

I woke up to a call from Rain the next morning.

“Hey, Andy,” She greeted.

“Good morning, Rain,” I smiled into the phone.

“I’ll be there in about ten minutes, if that’s okay? I just dropped Jepha, Arthur, and Xavier off at the Wentz’s.”

“Yeah, that’s fine. See you soon,” I said.

After we hung up, I jumped up to pick up everything that I could. My house wasn’t a mess, per se, but it wasn’t completely tidy either.

By the time the doorbell rang, I had just finished picking up everything that made the house look messy, but I had failed to put on actual clothes. I was wearing a Danzig tee and batman pajama pants.

I opened the door, and let Rain inside.

“It still hasn’t changed much..” She said.

“Haha, yeah…Isn’t that sad? It’s been pretty much the same for years.” I agreed.

“What movie are we watching?” She asked after a moment.

“I was thinking Batman Forever?”

“Sounds perfect,” She grinned.

I went and grabbed a nice soft blanket and tossed it on the couch while she found and put the movie into the DVD player and I made popcorn.

I poured the popcorn into a large bowl and ran out onto the couch, sitting next to Rain.

“Andy, move, you’re sitting on the remote,” She gently pushed me over a little so that she could grab the remote that was, in fact, under my ass.

I laughed and leaned my head on her shoulder, staring up at her for a moment. It felt so fucking good to be back with her like this. I felt every bit of love that I had for her come up and make my chest feel tight and my heart beat faster.

She looked down at me and had a small, soft smile on her face. “I missed this.”

Those three words, not exactly the ones I wanted to say and hear returned, but those three words made me explode with happiness and love. I leaned in to kiss her and then pulled her down to relax with me to watch the movie.

As the movie progressed, I found myself becoming incredibly open with my thoughts. I felt like there was nothing that could ruin this moment.

When the movie ended she turned over and put her hand on my face. I closed my eyes and leaned into her touch. After a moment, I felt her lips on mine.

It was so perfect that I couldn’t stop myself before the words, “I love you,” slipped out of my mouth.

But just as the words came out, I heard “I love you, Andy,” come from Rain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<3