Brooklyn

“Wanna help me make your bed?” I asked him.

“Sure,” He didn’t sound too thrilled, but when we’d put the Batman comforter over the sheets, and the pillows at the top of the bed, he was laughing and talking about how soft and comfortable it was.

“I think I’m going to nap,” He muttered finally, dragging Batman over to him.

“I don’t think so, Jeph,” I said. “If you nap now, you won’t be able to sleep tonight.”

He pulled a face. “Fine. What shall we do then?”

“We could see if Brooklyn wants to hang out?” I offered.

His face lit up.

“Yes! Yes, let’s go see Brooklyn! I miss her, Mommy! Come on,” He jumped up, Batman in one hand, tugging on my hand with the other.

“We aren’t going anywhere until you put on a coat.” I said, handing him the jacket he’d tossed onto the table.

He shrugged it on and ran out of the room. I followed him off the bus and over to Picture Me Broken’s bus.

“Hey, Brooklyn,” I greeted her outside the bus.

Jeph ran full speed at her, jumping up to give her a hug.

“Hey Rain! And hey, Jepha! How’s my favorite dude?” She grinned at him.

“Brooklyn!” He yelled. “Batman says to say hi.” He added, shoving Batman into her line of view.

“Well hello, Batman,” Brooklyn said, crouching to Jeph’s level.

He ducked his head and giggled.

“So, do you know when the buses leave?” I asked her.

“Yeah,” She looked up at me. “We head out in about ten minutes.”

“Okay, Jeph, you hear that? We leave in a few, so enjoy your Brooklyn time while you have it!” I laughed.

He stuck out his lower lip. “I’m staying with Brooklyn tonight.”

“No, I don’t think so.” I shook my head at him.

“Sorry, dude.” Brooklyn said, her hand holding the cuff of his jacket. “We’ve all got a lot to do tonight. Maybe sometime before tour ends, though, okay? We can hang out and watch movies. That sound good?”

“Yes, very.” He nodded happily.

“Alright, I’ll make sure to free a night for Jepha-Brooklyn time. But for now, you should head back to your bus. We hit the road in a few minutes.”

“Okay. I’ll see you later!” He hugged her again, and I gave her a quick smile.

“Tell Dante to text me if he needs anything,” I told her. “See you soon.”

She nodded and headed onto her bus.

Jeph and I headed back to our bus.

Matt and Damon were sitting in the lounge, discussing which guitars to use for which shows, and Rose was sitting with Zac, playing cards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so, so sorry it took so long to update...I might be back in the lab tomorrow, so I can *probably* update then. My computer's hard drive is being wiped as you read, and I should be completely Wattpad functional again very soon. Once again, thank you all for your patience and kind words. They make me smile. :)