Gorgeous

I smoothed down my hair and shirt once more before I knocked.

When she answered the door anything that I was going to say disappeared and was replaced with, “You look fucking gorgeous.”

She had miniscule silver sparkling stars trailing down from her right eye and was wearing a black and red dress that hugged her perfectly. Her hair was shiny and looked like it felt like the softest silk. She had on black tights and almost knee high boots, and on her left hand, underneath the black lace gloves, I could see the sparkle of a ring I knew all too well.

Her cheeks became a bright red at my words and she let me in.

“Daddy!” Jeph yelled excitedly, running into the room. He jumped up and hugged me.

“Hey, Jepha! How’s it going?”

“Good! You look all fancy. Is it for you and Mommy’s date tonight? ‘Cause…she looks all fancy too. Alice said that Aunt Sammi said you and Mommy were finally going to get over yourselves and fall in love again.” His eyes sparkled with mischief.

I quickly glance at Rain, who was shuffling her feet nervously.

“Jepha, honey, why don’t you go see what Dante made for dinner?”

“Why don’t you, Mommy? I want to talk to Daddy really quick and then you can go on your date.” He said, managing to keep all disrespect out of his voice.

She sighed and walked off in the direction of the kitchen.

“Are you going to fall in love again?” Jepha asked me.

“Who said I ever fell out of love?”

He thought about this for a moment and then nodded. “Okay. Aunt Ella and Aunt Lauren say that Mommy’s wearing a ring like the one you wear under here,” He touched the ring that rested on the chain beneath my shirt. “and that she might have forgotten she was wearing it because she’s so nervous about tonight.”

“Yeah?”

“Yes. And, Daddy?”

“Yeah, Jeph?”

“Don’t hurt Mommy.”

“I won’t.” I promised.

“Okay, Jepha, he made you a really good dinner. You should go check it out. I think your father and I have to leave now.” Rain said, coming back into the room.

I nodded. “Goodnight, buddy.”

“Goodnight, Mommy! Goodnight, Daddy!” He yelled and rain off towards where Dante was standing.

“Have fun, you two.” Dante smiled.

The moment we were out the door, I saw the limo that I had made Jon order the day before.

I grinned at Rain and grabbed her hand, tugging her along with me into the back seats of the limo.

“You know where to go,” I said to the guy.

“Yes, sir, I do.” He rolled up the black window thing and began driving.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:)