Juliet Part One

The next night, I went over to Rain and Dante’s to pick up the story where Jeph and I left off.

“How was your sleepover?” I asked him as he crawled into his bed.

“It was so much fun! Bronx and Arthur and Xavier and I played until bedtime, and then Pete told us stories of when he was on tour with My Chemical Romance, and then he gave us all hugs goodnight and then this morning he made us an awesome breakfast!”

“Sounds like you had a good time. How are Bronx, Xavier, and Arthur?”

“I did! But I think Bronx likes Arthur. He tried to hold his hand, but Arthur wouldn’t let him. He kept saying that he doesn’t like Bronx, but Bronx told him that he’ll get him to like him one day.”

I smiled at my son. “Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Do you like anyone, Jeph?”

He blushed furiously and shook his head. “No!! Tell me the next part of the story, Daddy.”

“Alright, alright. We left off with Layla, yeah?”

“Yes.”

“Well, after Layla and Andrew broke up, Andrew wasn’t too terribly upset, because Layla and Andrew were still really good friends. But he was still looking for his true love. Somewhere in there, he met Hanna. Hanna seemed nice…but in reality, she wasn’t looking for what Andrew was. She dated him a few times, told him that she really liked him, and then dated a friend of his. It wasn’t meant to be.”

“Why would she do that?”

“Because she wanted things from him. She wanted to be recognized for dating him.”

“Is that all, Daddy? That’s too short!”

“It’s all there is concerning Hanna. I’ll tell you the next part next week, okay?”

“Okay!” He said happily, tugging on Batman’s cape a little.

“Goodnight, buddy.” I gave him a kiss on the forehead and a hug.

“Goodnight, Daddy.”

I didn’t get to tell him the next part the next week, because Black Veil Brides had a busy recording schedule. We said good morning and good night everyday though.

For the next three weeks, I got in a few short visits with Jeph and Rain, but nothing extensive enough for a date or story-telling.

So, the next month, in February, shortly before the 14th, I sat down with Jeph again before he fell asleep.

“Are we continuing the story now?” He asked.

“Yes we are.” I smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

“Good. Did you know that it’s my birthday in two months, Daddy?”

“I…” I stumbled to find the right words to say, because, no, I did not know it was his birthday in two months.

“You’ll still be around, right?”

“Of course. Now that I’m here, I’m not going anywhere.”

“Excellent.” He grinned. “Now story time!”

“Okay, so Andrew and Hanna ended pretty quickly. But then he met Juliet. She was a nice lady. He fell for her pretty quickly while they were touring together. They went out a couple of times, and as Andrew got to know her, he began to think that she was the one. He would do anything, think anything, for her to be the one. He wanted an eternal love more than anything he’d ever wanted in his life. So as they got closer, he learned that she liked a lot of the things that he liked. They moved in together after about a year. Andrew was so tired of looking for the right girl; it was exhausting…He was willing to believe she was the one, despite the fact that she tried to change a lot about him. She made him stop straightening his hair, told him that a nose piercing would look good on him, which, between you and me,” I said, raising an eyebrow at my son. “was very true. It looked pretty awesome on him. He got tattoos to commemorate their love. They spent as much time as they could together, despite the traveling and touring and recording.”

-------------------------------------------------------

This one seems short to me, but it gets longer in the next parts. And haha, Jeph totally likes someone. Anybody have guesses?