The Great Cake War

Everything was hectic for the next month. I traveled back and forth from recording studios to offices to Jinxx’s and Jake’s and Ash’s and CC’s houses to Rain’s and back. There was no time for storytelling until the middle of the month after.

“Start!” Jeph said as soon as I sat down next to his bed.

“Okay, shortly after they got to his house, his band mate who had been acting shady, let’s give in here and call him Chris, knocked on his door. Chris was upset, and had to tell Andrew something very important. Andrew, fearing that he knew what it was already, refused to let the man speak to him.”

“What did he think Chris was going to say?”

“That Juliet cheated on Andrew with Chris. Andrew closed the door on Chris and holed up in his room. He was right in his theory, however. After a few hours, the girl came in to see if he was okay. He had been crying. It hurt that this had happened, despite that he was aware of his rapidly fading love for Juliet. It hurt that it was one of his best friends, one of his brothers, who she had cheated on him with. The girl comforted him for a few minutes, but when Andrew looked into her eyes, he didn’t hurt so much anymore. He didn’t even think about what he was doing before he kissed her.”

Jeph’s mouth fell open. “But he’s still dating Juliet!”

“Yeah, he was. She kissed him back, but she was also the first to pull away and tell him that it wasn’t right. At first he didn’t care, because it felt right. It felt like it was what was supposed to be happening the entire time. And then she pointed out that he was technically cheating on Juliet, even if she had cheated on him first. The girl decided it would be best if she stayed somewhere else. This broke Andrew’s heart a little…Before she left, he kissed her again. And again she kissed him back. He wasn’t sure whether that hurt more or less. It felt like a final goodbye kiss. Like it would never happen again. After she left, anger boiled up in Andrew. Anger at himself; at Juliet…He found the ring he bought for her and threw it at the wall and then proceeded to tear down every picture of he and Juliet and smash them. He was sick of being lied to, of being changed and pushed around; he was tired and worn out from denying his feelings for the girl and trying to strive to keep his relationship with Juliet going. After he calmed down, he cleaned up, found the ring, and then left his house to go to his favorite place on the beach. Once he got there, he looked out upon the water and thought about the girl. She would have liked to take pictures of it, he knew. It really was beautiful,” Nostalgia crept into my voice. “He decided that the next day, when Juliet came back, was the last day that he would put up with her. Taking the ring out of his pocket, he threw it as far as he could into the water. The next day, Andrew held true to his word. He broke up with Juliet and he felt so much better. Like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Christmas rolled around and Andrew went over to his band mate and friend’s house, where they were celebrating. The girl was there, talking with one of Andrew’s friends, David. Andrew found out that David was single, and he became worried. Would the girl fall for David? Andrew’s band mate’s fiancée made cake. Everyone sat down to eat; the girl, David, Chris, Andrew, all of Andrew’s other band mates, and some of their other friends. Andrew was the one who started it. When he got his piece of cake, he took some of the frosting and put it on the girl’s face. She laughed and retaliated by putting frosting on him. From there, it escalated to a full on cake war. The girl and David versus Andrew and his bassist, Andrew’s guitarist and his fiancée versus Christian and one of their friends, and so on. Andrew found the girl sitting at the ready behind the couch. She went to fling frosting at him, but her caught her before she could…”

“What’d he do?”

“He kissed her. But again, she pulled away and told them that they couldn’t be together. Andrew was crushed, but he wasn’t going to give up so easily. So in February, at another party that his guitarist and guitarist’s fiancée were throwing, Andrew decided to go. It was for the girl’s birthday, anyway.”

Jeph’s eyes had closed, but he was still listening intently.

“I’m going to leave it there for tonight, okay?”

He hummed for a second and nodded.

After we said goodnight, I went to Rain’s room and put on my pajamas.

“Tiring day?”

“I’m exhausted.” I said as I lay down next to her.

She flicked off the light and curled up to my side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll be skipping large chunks of time, as nothing eventful happened in the meanwhile. Though there is some cute stuff coming up, including the proposal.