Only Son

I got back to Rain and Dante’s.

Rain and Jeph were already back from recording, so I didn’t have to wait to tell them the good news.

I walked into their house and found Rain sitting on the couch, looking nervous and writing in a notebook.

When she heard me walk in, she looked up questioningly.

I took a deep breath and then smiled. “She’s not mine.”

She got up and hugged me. “That’s great, babe!” She pulled back. “Did they find out whose she is?”

“Well, Danny was there, and CC, and Jimmy Strimpel.” I said, not noticing that Dante and Brooklyn had just come into the room.

“Jimmy Strimpel what?” Brooklyn asked.

“He was there today, at the DNA test. He was one of the dudes Juliet had screwed.” I said.

Dante’s jaw dropped. “Holy shit.”

Brooklyn looked a little angry.

We sat down and I told them everything that had happened, down to the last part.

“So Danny and CC were able to go home; she’s not either of their kid. That left me and Jimmy waiting. And then they said that she wasn’t mine.”

“So she’s Jimmy’s?!” Brooklyn burst out.

“No, they told us she’s not Jimmy’s. None of the guys there were her father, unless one of them cheated their way out of it, which seems pretty impossible considering how intent the doctors were on getting the right DNA.”

“Well, I’m happy for you, Andy.” Dante said.

“I’m happy too. All I need is Jeph and Rain and my family.”

Dante and Brooklyn nodded and Rain leaned her head on my shoulder appreciatively.

Jeph came running into the room yelling, “Is Daddy home yet?!”

Everybody laughed and then he saw me and ran over to give me a hug. “Is she my sister, Daddy?”

“Nope,” I smiled happily. “You remain an only child.”

Jeph grinned and nodded at this, and then paused. “Well, I wouldn’t mind having a little brother or something someday.”

Rain shook her head. “Not for a long while, buddy. Having one of you is enough for now.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a rather poor chapter; most definitely not one of my best. I'd like to say that we've only got, at most, 7 chapters left. I can drag it out or I can keep updating in doubles and stuff. It's all up to you guys. :) Depending on how many comments I get telling me when to update, the popular opinion will determine it.