44: The Last Step

Lauren was walking back and forth in her room. She was waiting for Camila and her family to join them for an early Christmas dinner. Usually Lauren would be with Camila but the younger girl wanted to spend time with her sister for a while. Footsteps where heard coming down the stairs. She looked up and met her brothers eyes.

"Hey Chris." Lauren smiled rubbing her hands on her pants.

"What are you doing? The Cabello's got here. Camila looks really hot." Christ added.

"Thanks for checking her out for me. Don't do it again." Lauren glared at him and he put his hands up in defense. "tell them I'll be up in a bit. Is Ally here yet though?" Lauren questioned.

"Yeah with some cute girl and Dinah and Mani." Chris added.

"Tell Ally and the cute girl to come down to me. I'll only allow you to do this one. Keep Camila occupied. Flirt with her considering you've had your thing." Lauren shrugged.

"Gotcha." He jogged back up the steps. His place being filled with Heather and Ally's in a matter of minutes.

"What are you doing? Get up there." Heather said looking at the girl.

"How do I look?" Lauren asked looking down at her crop top black jeans and leather jacket along with her signature black doc martens.

"Hot. Now get up there." Ally said walking back up the stairs. Lauren followed the two girls and everyone greeted Lauren. She looked for Chris who was now talking to someone else. Lauren mentally punched him but jumped when she felt Camila body check her from behind.

"Hey babe." She smile trying to catch a stumbling Lauren.

"I'm ok." Lauren said looking at her.

"Just ok? What's wrong?" Camila asked running her hand through her hair moving it to the other side.

I'm proposing and I'm nervous. Is what Lauren wanted to yell but she just shook her head.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Excuse me." Lauren said softly walking towards the bathroom. Closing and locking the door she sighed leaning against it.

"Get it together Jauregui." Lauren mumbled to herself. "Look at what you got her." She spoke again pulling out the note. She pushed her hand back into her pocket and pulled the lining out. She checked her other pocket and pulled the lining out of that.

"Oh shit." She unlocked the door and ran out finding Ally.

"I lost it." Lauren mumbled.

"Lost wha....the ring?!" Ally whisper yelled.

"No my shoe! Yes the ring help me find it!" She said softly.

"Ok." They ran back down to her room and saw Camila sitting on her bed.

"Hey." Lauren said surprised. The green eyes searching around her room her eyes landing on the black velvet box. "Distract her." she said into Ally's ear. "It's on my night stand."

"Mila come on up stairs they're playing a game." Ally said walking towards her.

"I'll be up in a second can I talk to Lauren." She turned her attention to the girl who was standing in front of the night stand.

"Mila!" Ally yelled quickly grabbing her attention back enough time for Lauren to grab the ring and slip it into her pocket. Lauren turned around and gave her an ok. "Fine. I'll be waiting." Ally left them.

"Now. Is everything ok? Are you mad at me?" Camila asked concerned.

"No. I'm fine babe. Seriously enjoy the night stop worrying about me." Lauren said softly grabbing her hands.