36: First Day

Lauren was already filled with joy. The drive with Ally from Miami to Tallahassee was fun and music filled. Sadly the two girls didn't get dorms together but are just across the hall from each other.

"I'll bake you cookies all the time. I promise." Ally smiled looking over at Lauren.

"Oh you don't have to. But your sugar cookies I couldn't pass those up." Lauren smirked pulling into the parking lot of their dorm. It took a while but Lauren got everything up to both of their rooms. Not even making it back to her room she flopped down on Ally's bed.

"Sorry...I would have helped but you seemed to have had it all under control. You also kept saying 'No Ally I got it!'" Ally chuckled looking down at her tired friend.

"I did have it. See...everything is...shit did I close the trunk?" Lauren asked getting up and looking out the window.

"I'll do it...just sit here and rest." Ally laughed to her self shaking her head and walking out the dorm room. Lauren could see it now. Pictures of all the girls on the wall in here. So many group photos. Her door opened again and Ally threw the car keys to Lauren.

"You forgot those too....hey go sleep in your dorm and I'll wake you up before student orientation." Ally looked up at her friend and escorted her out.

"Thanks Ally. Life saver." Lauren smiled backing out the room. She bumped into someone and caught them.

"Oh sorry. My bad...." Lauren mumbled looking at the shorter girl.

"It's fine. Lauren right?" She asked looking at the green eyed girl.

"Uh....yeah. Heather right?" Lauren joked smiling.

"Actually that is my name. Good guess." Heather laughed looking up at her. "I know you from soccer. You're the new scholarship girl. I'm a new scholarship girl but my sister plays your spot and is graduating next year. You've been big talk of the school. You're pretty famous around here."

"Seriously?" Lauren asked in utter shock.

"Yeah. The girl with the strong heart. Is your title here. Seriously being Sports Illustrated Highschool athlete of the year is big." Heather said shrugging.

"Oh...well then." Lauren smirked pretending to act cocky.

"Don't let it get you a big head though. Anyways I have to go, see you again probably at the orientation." Heather smiled and walked down the hall to her dorm. Lauren waited for her to walk in and walked quickly to check the room number 232.

"Gotcha." Lauren smiled and strolled into her room.

---

A knock sounded on Ally's door and she chuckled.

"I said sleep rest Up, I'll get you later La..." She opened the door. "Camila! Oh my...uh. Hey. What uh...what are you doing here?" Ally looked at her nervously. She watched Lauren's door hoping she didn't walk out.

"I kind of live here now. I didn't want to tell you my scholarship was linked here to Florida State because I wasn't sure. I don't room with you I kind of just saw your name on the check in list and saw your room number. I'm in room 213 down the hall that way." Camila smiled looking at Ally.

"Cool..uh why don't you come in and we can chat for a while." Ally smiled looking at her.

"Sure."

"Crazy question but have you talked to you know who lately?" Ally asked looking at her friend closing the door behind them.

"Lauren? Nope. Why? Call me crazy but I forgot I had her number until yesterday. It took me a while but I deleted it. I'm letting go. We are friends but not extremely close. Like acquaintances kind of. Oh it's almost time for student orientation. I have to get there early before all the good brochures run out. See you later Ally bye." Camila hugged her friend and walked out as Ally watcher her run down the stairs.

"How the hell am I supposed to keep this a secret." Ally sighed.

---
Student orientation went well on Ally's part. Lauren was being the social butterfly she was and was hanging out with her new friend Heather.

"Hey Ally." Camila said walking up.

"Oh hey. Sorry. I was not there. Sorry." Ally smiled looking at her. She noticed Lauren walking towards them. "Hey Mila I'm thirsty can you get me a water please." Ally smiled. Camila nodded and walked away Lauren walked up and smiled.

"Who was that?" She asked.

"Oh a new girl. Lost couldn't find the..........acapella booth....to sign up for show glee club thing." Ally lied sighing.

"Cool. Hey me and Heather are going to a party later want to come. It's called the Invite one invite all party at the Frat house. Me and Heather are doing a keg stand." Lauren smiled looking back at the shorter girl.

"Do you like her Lauren?" Ally asked concerned.

"Nah. She has a beefy boyfriend who goes here. Plays football. Not trying to get pumbled. I do think she's hot though." Lauren smirked.

"Laur lets go!" Heather called waving her over.

"Ok Ally. See yah later." Lauren walked off with Heather swinging her arm around the smaller girls shoulder.

"Here is your water." Camila smiled.

"Thanks." Ally sighed taking the bottle.
---
Lauren was having a blast but decided to walk with Heather back to the dorm before the horny drunks came out.

"Want to watch a movie with me?" Lauren asked looking at the shorter girl.

"Lauren. I feel like all night you've been hitting on me. I don't think it's a bad thing but, we just met and plus I have a boyfriend. Besides I'm honestly not even sure I'm attracted to girl like that." Heather sighed looking up at Lauren.

"I only asked to watch a movie...." Lauren said confused.

"I know..." She sighed. "I know."

"What's wrong?" Lauren asked softly. "I mean you don't have to tell me because we just met and all."

"No, it's just that my last year of highschool I dated a girl. We had such a bad on and off relationship. But we loved each other and I was in love with her. I still love her but then my sister hooked me up with Brant and the things I felt with my ex are ten times strong with Brant. I just don't know what I want at times and stuff like that." Heather said looking at the green eyes that slowly turned grey.

"My eyes are changing color aren't they?" Lauren asked noticing the girls facial expression. She nodded and Lauren chuckled lightly. "Well I've had one of those relationships too. I miss her a lot. We broke up at prom but we stayed friends more or less. Less if you ask me. We haven't talked since graduation." Lauren admitted looking at the girl.

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that." Heather mumbled.

"Don't worry about it. She's the last thing I'm worried about right now." Lauren shrugged.

"Well then Yes...yeah I'll watch a movie with you. We could even cuddle. I'm a cuddler." Heather smiled.
(Anyone curious Heather is played by Yvette Monreal)
---
Lauren and Heather laid in her dorm going through about the third movie on Netflix.

"Oh shit. I forgot me and Brant said we would be hanging out later tonight. I gotta go Lauren." Heather said standing up.

"Alright. Wait what's your number...." Lauren said following her to the door.

"It's on that stickie note. See yah." She walked out and almost tripped sprinting down the stairs.

"She's great." Lauren smiled closing the door.

"First day here and I already have a best friend." Lauren said to herself plopping back down on her bed.

"This is going to be amazing."

---

❤️ FEEDBACK No Camren yet. Maybe in the next chapter. Maybe not. Idk. Hint I listen to what you want. So comment. Hehehe