2: Work Outs

The team was huddled in the small weight room as they worked out their leg muscles. Camila sat in the far corner with the coaches clip board drawing and doodling in the margins of the workout page. The team assistant tried to keep her eyes from wandering to Lauren, from time to time she'd glance up to see the soccer start doing leg and arm workouts. She'd get a little hint of jealousy when Normani would walk past Lauren giving her a flirty smile, and the green eyed girl returning one.

"Mila, can you bring me a towel?" Dinah asked standing by the smaller dumbells. The smaller brunette got up grabbing the white towel and jogging it over to her friend.

"Thanks girl." She said taking the cloth and slinging it over her shoulder. The brown eyed girl went to walk away turning into a sweaty body. She backed up and met Alexa's eyes.

"Move!" She spat at her, which caused everyone to look, the soccer play shoulder checked the girl causing her to loose her balance making her fall into a rack of weights. "Maybe you should be doing these leg work outs, they'd help you stay on your own two feet, clumsy ass..." Alexa laughed causing the others to laugh too.

"Thats enough guys!" the husky voice said, "Get back to work. Now!" Lauren said sternly. She looked down at Camila who was near to tears.

"Come on get up." Lauren said holding out her hand helping the girl up. Before Camila could thank her she walked over to the next machine she was going to use for her work outs.

The girl's work out session went on as they moved to the gym for conditioning. Camila sat on the stage in the gym reading away in her book. Not bothering anyone until Coach needed her. Lauren was running them through some drills for foot work. Camila only looked up once the soccer star was talking.

"You see these cones? You start in the middle go around the left cone go around the right then run down figure eight with the ball stop it sprint back. Jog if you have to. Let's go." Lauren said. She ran through the drill and few other ones before practice was over. Camila picked up the cones as coach asked her too. Glancing at Lauren from time to time as she sat on the stage talking to Normani.

The two girls chatted about practice. Lauren glancing at Camila every once in a while.

"So why do you keep being nice to the team maid?" Normani asked the soccer player who was getting her things together.

"Because she's a human. Who has feelings I'm not going to put her down because I feel like it. Hey next time one of you do you're running laps." The green eyes said putting her sneakers into her bag.

"Why? No one fucking care about her so what does it matter."

"You two used to be bestfriends. That's what fucking matters. She's a person. Don't put her down because of what ever happened between you two to make you automatically hate her." The green eyed said looking at her friend.

"Whatever. Hey Cabello you missed a cone..." She called out. The smaller brunette looked up as Normani kicked a ball her direction. For a girl with slow reflexes she moved out the way pretty quickly.

"What the hell Hamilton?!" Their coaches voice echoed through the gym.

"Told you to chill out. Hey Cabello ball..." Lauren called out. The brunette got the ball passing it towards her way.

"Don't do it again!" Lauren shook her head walking out the gym saying bye to everyone on her way out.

+++

"I can't believe Normani did that? That's crazy." Dinah said looking at her soccer captain.

"She's getting annoying. Apparently she found out I gave her a ride to the store a few days ago. So she's mad. She thinks me and her are together when we aren't. We went on one date and she's crazy for me." Lauren said putting her slides on.