38: It Was Just a Test

Lauren sat in her public communications class listening to the professor blab on and on about charisma. Lauren hadn't realized how much she had doodled on her page. So many L+C's covered the page. Camila's name in cursive incased in a heart all over the page. She looked at the people beside her before turning to a new note page. She huffed and sat back putting her hands in her lap.

"You bored too?" A guy asked looking in Lauren's direction. The green eyed girl looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah. I mean I have charisma skills already. I don't need to you know...keep following along with this crap right?" Lauren countered.

"Same. This guys had the same lesson plan for three years. I'm Liam by the way." He said looking at the girl beside him.

"Lauren. And seriously. Let me guys you're a senior?" Lauren mumbled.

"Nope. Sophomore. My sister went here and graduated. Same teacher. Same lesson plan. His class is so easy. Nothing to worry about. But time is up thank God." Liam said hearing the teachers timer ring.

"I'll see you later then Liam?" Lauren asked walking out with the boy.

"Yeah. Hey come hang with me. I live in the frat not to far from the quad. It's hella fun." Liam said walking away.

"Alright..." Lauren called and went her direction.
---
Lauren sat in her dorm when the door was knocked on.

"It's open I think." Lauren called out from her desk.

"Laur! Come open it for me please..." Camila's voice sounded from the other side. Lauren stood up and walked to the door pulling it open. She dropped her shoulders.

"Uh.....Why did I need to open it when you are carrying nothing in your hands?" Lauren asked looking at the girl in front of her.

"Tip one: When your girl friend of friend of interest knocks on your door the significant other or friend of interest answers. That's why." Camila said looking at her.

"Well are you going to come in?" Lauren asked confused.

"Ah ah ah Lauren. You are supposed to invite me in." Camila said rocking on the back of her heels.

"Would you like to come in?"

"Invite me in..." Camila said smiling.

"Please do come in..." Lauren said confused. She watched Camila step past her before shutting the door. Lauren went to kiss her on the cheek when Camila covered her mouth.

"No...." Camila pulled a small pocket sized book out her back pocket and opened it reading a passage. "In taking things slow with your significant other. No kisses shall be exchange before the first date. That included. Cheeks. Foreheads hands arms etcetera." Camila said closing the book.

"Oh my God. No...please tell me you don't have that stupid book on how to make relationships work." Lauren chuckled to herself.

"101 Ways to Make a Relationship Work : The Guideline to Teen Relationships! Yup I have it. Im going to follow the book and so are you Laurenza." She said handing Lauren a copy.

"Thanks..." Lauren tossed it into the desk beside her. "Come on Camz. We can make this work with out rules. Or tips or straight to the point outlines of our relationship." Lauren groaned looking at Camila.

"Look, we both want this to go right...am I correct?" Camila asked getting a slight nod from Lauren. "Then how about we do it. Go by the book. Please, last time we did the relationship the way you wanted it to go...why can't we do it my way? Please." Camila asked resting her hands on Lauren's stomach which has become a habit.