24: Slow Recovery

Lauren was still in surgery and everyone was terrified. Camila was pacing back and forth again.

"What's taking so long?" The brunette asked.

"It takes time Mila." Dinah said softly.

"How much time?" Camila asked annoyed.

"Camila..." Dinah said rolling her eyes. The brunette kept pacing and thinking to herself.

Something's wrong. She's not going to make it. I should have never left. Damn it dinah. Doctor come out and tell us what's going on. For fuck sakes.

Camila looked up and saw the OR doors open. Lauren's doctor walked out and everyone stood up to look at him.

"Well..." He said looking down.

"No....no no no! Please tell me she's ok!" Camila said looking at him.

"She's ok...but she's not good. She'll make full recovery. Trust me. But it will be slow. Very slow. She'll be at least fully recovered in early spring so no winter sports. She'll still be good to play sports but not right now. She'll be admitted back to her room so you may all go see her but two at a time." He said walking back into the OR.

---
Camila sat in the hospital room with Lauren. She was sleeping and Camila looked at her features. So relaxed yet she was so pale. Paler than usual. Camila touched her hand softly. She was so cold. Everyone had gone home for the night. Michael had ran home to get some clothes for himself and Lauren. She was going to be able to get out the hospital gown soon.

Camila walked to the door of the hospital room and looked for a nurse.

"Hey Jake." Camila said softly to the blonde nurse.

"Hey Camila. Is everything good with Lauren?" He asked softly.

"Yeah. She's just really cold could I get an extra blanket for her?" The brunette asked.

"Sure. Hold on." He walked into a little room off the side and came back with a blanket.

"Thanks." She walked in the room and opened the blanket.

"Lauren babe." Camila said softly.

"Hmm?"

"Scoot over some." Camila said. It took Lauren a minute but she moved over a bit and Camila got in the bed beside her. It wasn't easy but it worked. She covered them both up and snuggled into Lauren.

"I love you." Camila mumbled kissing Lauren's Jaw. She fell asleep beside Lauren who out of habit wrapped her arm around her for security.

---
The next morning rolled around and Lauren was sitting in her bed in normal sweats watching TV with Camila beside her.

"Have you seen how many meds I have to take?" The green eyed girl groaned.

"Five right? It's five or six." Camila shrugged looking at her.

"You shrug like its no big deal! That's a lot then they are big also!" Lauren freaked out.

"Lauren calm down. You'll be fine." Camila said rubbing her bare arm. "Aren't you cold. With a sleeveless shirt?"

"Not really why? Should I be cold?" Lauren asked softly.

"No. I'm just cold. It's freezing in this room."

"Aw poor baby." Lauren smirked.

"You're annoying." Camila grumbled. The nurse walked in and smiled at the two.

"Hi Jake." Camila smiled and waved.

"Not Jake. I'm Jason. Jake's my twin brother. Haha. But Lauren I'm here to take all these IV's out of your arm and walk you down to your new room. Your dads down there waiting for you already." He said smiling.