22: Fix a heart

Lauren's POV

I sat in my hospital room and sighed as the endless beeping kept going. My dad decided to run into work because some dumbass messed something up. Chris had a volleyball game. My mom....well she stopped by but left shortly after. My sister was off doing other things.

Camila.

I looked on the table by my side and saw my phone resting alone on its charger. I sighed and reached for it being carful not to pull the IV from my hand. I retrieved the device and unlocked it going to my text.

4:14 Camz please tell me you aren't busy.

I set my phone down in my lap and it instantly rang.

4:14 I'm not.

4:15 come see me in the hospital im alone.

I sighed feeling like she's going to deny my request.

4:17 I would love to Laur but my mom took my car so Id have to ask my dad and I don't want to get in a fight with him.

4:18 who the fuck cares about your dads opinion right now I need you.

4:19 you don't get it Lauren.....

4:20 what's not the fucking get? If my dad ever told me I wasn't allowed to see you but I knew you were going into surgery Id beg the shit out of him to let me be there with you. What the hell is holding you back?

4:22 I gtg

4:23 camila I can't take this anymore from you....

4:23 take what?

4:24 this constant fighting about seeing each other. I really don't care anymore at this point. And apparently neither do you so I guess I'll see you when ever.

4:25 it's not that I don't care Lauren. I'm afraid of my dad....it's too hard to explain. I just want to please him for once.

4:26 ......ok

I put my phone down and switched it to silent. My room door opened and Normani walked in with the first bunch of flowers.

"Hey. I had a feeling you'd bring flowers." I smirked sitting up.

"Well they make people who are going through the struggling times feel better." She said smiling and setting them down on a small dresser I had. I looked at her and smiled as she fixed the flowers.

"You know Camz won't come see me because she's afraid of her dad." I chuckled looked down.

"Want me to go pick her up?" Normani offered.

"No...no it's fine. I just wish she'd tell me why she's so afraid of her dad." I sighed looking at Normani.

"Ok. Look..." Normani sat down in a chair beside my bed and grabbed my hand. "Camila's dad was very very abusive when Mila was going through middle school. Everything she did was consider wrong in his eyes so she wants to please him for once. I'm sure he won't keep her from you while you are going through this but you have to give it time." Normani said looking at me.

"Why hasn't she told me?" I asked looking at my friend.

"She doesn't share that part of her with many people. No matter who or what you are to her. I only found out because Dinah told me. But then again. I think Alejandro is waiting for the day Camila sticks up for herself." Normani Shrugged looking at me.

"Well now I feel like shit." I sighed

"Text her and tell her to stick up for herself." Normani said looking at me.