23: Good News and Bad News

Watching them rush Lauren down to the O.R. was crazy. Me Normani Ally and Dinah all say in the waiting room. Well they sat, I stood pacing. Her dad was talking on the phone about something and her brother was bundled up in his jacket so no one could see his face.

"Mila sit down you're making me dizzy." Dinah sighed.

"Sorry." I looked at Chris and took the seat beside him.

"Hey..." I said softly looking at him. It took him a second but he pulled his hood off and looked at me. Tiredness leaked from his features.

"Hey."

"You look like you haven't slept in days." I said softly looking at him.

"I haven't. Thinking about this surgery and with it being Lauren has kept me up for nights. My twin died through the surgery. He lost too much blood and well slipped into a-coma and never came back out. Then one of my uncles. I mean it's the men of the family in my moms side." Chris sighed.

"But it's all guys. Chris. Lauren's a girl." I noted looking at him.

"Yeah but she has a dick. So it's confusing. What if something bad happens?" Chris asked me looking at me.

"I highly doubt it will. Come here." I held my arms open for him to hug me and we shared an embrace for a while.

"There is nothing to worry about Chris."

---
Hours felt like days.

"Something's got to be wrong. They said the procedure would only take an hour at most. It's been almost two." Michael said looking at his watch.

"I'm sure she's ok. Mr. Jauregui Lauren's strong. Let's just all keep positive thoughts in our head please?" Camila asked.

Meanwhile the operation was going.

"Guys how do we look on time?" One of the doctors asked holding a mask over Lauren's mouth and nose.

"We are going over." Another spoke who was wiping up blood that leaked.

"She's loosing a lot of blood. Should we be worried?" One of them ask.

"How much?" The main doctor asked who was doing the operation asked.

"About a pint." He said.

"I can see the color leaving her face. We can not loose her. I am just about done. We will get her stitched up and out." He said moving a little faster.

All of the team worked together to get Lauren complete. It took a while but Lauren was stitched up and had an oxygen mask over her face. They returned her to her room connecting multiple IV's to her then they left.
---
"Alright. She's done." The doctor said walking out. Everyone stood up and looked at him.

"I have good news. And Bad news. The good news is. She had a great surgery and will recover fully...." He said smiling at us.

"And the bad news?" Chris asked.

"She unfortunately lost a lot of blood. It will take a while for her body and heart to get her blood flowing. She might be disoriented and very very tired. We're going to keep her for a while. About a week or so. No winter sports for her. So if she plays basketball or travel soccer. She can't. Maybe no Spring sports. It depends how well her heart is by that time. You may go see her. One at a time. Please." The doctor said looking between them.

"I'll go first." Chris said looking between all them.

"Alright." Michael said watching the boy walk past them into room.