42: Picking the perfect one

After hours upon hours the two girls where finally freed from the elevator. Since they missed most of there classes that day due to the incident they decided to go on a small sweet and simple date. Getting icecream and walking along the beach.

"I have a question I can't hold back from." Camila suddenly spoke grabbing the other girls attention.

"Shoot it." Lauren smiled.

"Can you see us in the future? Like married and all." Camila asked.

"Hell yeah. I can see us married with two or three little camila and Lauren's running around. I can definitely see that." Lauren smiled.

"Do you ever think about what our life would have been if I didn't miscarry?" Camila questioned looking at her girlfriend.

"Yeah. All the time. What's with the questions?" Lauren wondered searching Camila's face for expression.

"I don't know. I know we're only 18 and 19 but I really want to be engaged. I know with our on and off relationship we've really only been together for a year or so. But I think when you love someone so much that the amount of time you've been together doesn't matter to you it's only right for engagement. And even then we can be engaged for a few years until college is up. Don't think I'm trying to pressure you into tying the knot. Because I'm not...it's just something that's been on my mind ever since we got back into this." Camila shrugged looking at Lauren. The taller girl cupped her face and kissed her passionately.

"Marrying you had been on my mind also but I don't think I'm exactly ready or even have the courage to get down and propose right now. Like not right now like here but I mean in this month I mean. I'm hella ready for it but I'm not ready to really commit to it." Lauren explained.

"And I understand that completely. Again I'm not pressuring you. It's just a thought." Camila smiled softly looking at Lauren.

"Ok. You obviously know I love you. It will come when the time is right." Lauren added. She kissed the top of Camila's forehead. They continued to walk and talk about countless things just like the old times.

---
After there little talk. Lauren's mind had been filled with thoughts of that conversation. It's not like she was upset about it but more like she was afraid. She was afraid of the future. This conversation had come so earlier in their college careers. Lauren hasn't even started playing soccer yet.

Sitting in the weight room was Lauren contemplating on how to get the thought off her mind.

"Hey. Get your head out your ass." Heather joked hitting Lauren with a towel.

"Sorry there's been too much on my mind lately. Camila mentioned engagement yesterday and it's just been on my mind for a few days now." Lauren sighed.

"Woah. That's a big step isn't it?" Heather asked picking up a dumbbell from the rack.

"Yeah it is but I'm all for it just not now. She told me she wasn't forcing me but in the back of my mind I know she'd like to be engaged soon." Lauren sighed.

"Then just go ring shopping. Hint at it a bit. Buy her the dream ring. By time you figure out exactly what she wants. Finals should be here. You'll be headed home for winter break. Propose when you're back home. That's a good amount of months for everything." Heather shrugged looking at her friend.

"I mean I guess." Lauren agreed. And that's exactly what she did. She followed by the book. Dropping hints was the first thing.
---
"Hey cutie." Lauren smiled sitting down at the table with Camila and Ally. "Hey ally cat." Lauren smiled again.

"You're giddy with joy. What's up?" Camila asked smiling at her.

"I was just outside and saw this rock. It was a beautiful rock. A big rock. You know speaking of rocks. Ally if Troy got down on his knee what size would you expect?" Lauren asked noticed Camila's face lite up.