30: Emergency

Lauren returned home and grabbed some food.

"Mom..." The green eyed girl called walking into the living room. Camila was sitting on the couch watching Netflix on the tv.

"How are you watching Netflix?" Lauren asked testing the waters.

"That..." She pointed to a black box with a glowing green dot on it.

"You moved my Xbox from my room up here?" Lauren asked.

"No....it's Chris's." Camila said annoyed. Lauren shrugged and walked away.

"Mom!" She called again walking into the dinning room. Her mom was sitting there on her laptop.

"Yes sweetie?" Clara asked.

"You guys are already?" She asked.

"Yes. We did. You can help yourself." Lauren nodded and walked away. She went out on the back patio and ate alone.

"It feels so good to be alone right now." She said to herself. She had finished her food and just sat out on the patio with her eyes closed. Lauren thought of times before Camila and this baby. She smiled to herself on how easy life was. Then she thought about Paris and where it all happened. The kiss. The date. The question...will you be my girlfriend. Remembering homecoming and their first time having sex. Lauren felt herself get a little hard from thinking about it. She moved on to the first game they played together. She thought about how Camila's dad kept her on strict lockdown. She thought about senior night and Camila's speech. She thought about being with her in the hospital.

"Shit..." Lauren mumbled. "We've been through it all and now I'm being selfish." Lauren said looking down. She realized her half hardon. "I barely even thought about it. Stupid Dick." She got up and walked back into the house. She noticed Camila was sleeping on the couch. Lauren turned the tv and system off and walked over to Camila.

"Hey...want me to carry you to bed?" Lauren asked getting down in front of her.

"Lauren I'm sorry..." She mumbled her eyes barely open.

"Don't be. I should be sorry for being selfish. You need me right now like I needed you in the hospital." Lauren said in a sweet loving tone.

"I've been being....selfish too." Camila said tiredly.

"Hey it's late we can talk tomorrow." Lauren said glancing at the time. The soccer player picked Camila up bridal style and walked her down stairs to her room. Sat down while still holding her. Camila wrapped her arms around Lauren's neck and cuddled into her. Lauren laid back with Camila and rubbed her back softly.

"I love you." Lauren mumbled.

"I know you do. I love you too." Camila said tiredly.

The two fell asleep in each other's arms.
---
Lauren was sitting in the gym after school waiting for Camila. The gym doors opened and Mandy walked in with another girl from the team.

"Hey Mandy. Brooke right?" Lauren asked waving at them.

"Yeah this is Brooke. She's helping me with the party." Mandy said pulling her shirt off and pulling on a t-shirt.

"You guys getting ready to hoop?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah it's the first girls practice today. You should come. Watch?" Mandy said pulling on her Nike shoes.

"I can't me and Camila are having a sit down talk today so I can't be late." Lauren said softly looking at her watch. The gym doors opened and Camila walked in with her bag on her shoulder. She joined the other girls. Lauren taking her bag from her and pulling it on her own shoulder.