20: Trying to Reason

READ AUTHOR NOTE.

Camila POV

I sighed and walked into English. I noticed Lauren's seat was empty so I took my normal seat next to hers. I didn't get too comfortable just in case she came in.

I hated having to avoid her. Specially after what happened yesterday with Austin. Something told me to find him and talk to him about how much of a dick he was but then again I know I'd only get hurt. I sighed and decided to get my books out knowing Class was to start soon. All I could think of was where Lauren was right now. I wonder if she was at home crying about us or even trying to figure out a way to make me not fear my dad. I can't believe I broke her heart. I can't believe I let my dad get to me. Id rather get removed from the school and go behind his back to see Lauren. The teacher started speaking and it pulled me from my thought. The door opened a few minutes into the lecture and a tired looking Lauren walked in with a note.

"Sorry..." She mumbled handing the paper to Mr. Hudson. He nodded and carried on while she walked forward a bit. She noticed me in my seat and made her way to the back of the class room and sat down. She put her head down and I sighed looking back at the board. What Mr. Hudson was going over was making me hurt even more. Sonnets and how the writers wrote them to their lovers. Lauren loved poetry and wrote quite a lot but I never really read them. I felt a wave of relief when the bell rang noting class was over. Thank god. I grabbed my stuff and bolted for the door. As soon as I go there and bumped into someone. Dear God please don't let it be her. I looked up and met red tired grey eyes. Kill me.

"Maybe you should watch where your going." she said and brushed past me. I sighed and walked on after her but going a separate way.

---
"She's really mad at me." I sighed looking at Dinah.

"Why would Lauren be mad at you? If anything you should be mad at her." Dinah said looking at me as we walked to our next class.

"I know. I know. I guess she's mad because of my dad. I mean I shouldn't fear being caught to be with the one I love right?" I asked sighing.

"I guess but I highly doubt Lauren is mad at you. There might be more going on. You know her situation." Dinah said sympathetically.

"You're right. When I bumped into her her breath smelled like alcohol." I confessed.

"Oh Lauren...I can't believe you....have this much of an affect on her." Dinah said.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing..."

---

Lauren's POV

I laid in my bed going over what I had to say in my head.

"Me and Camila should be together....no no no! Me and Camz are each other's happiness....too sappy. Look I love your daughter..fuck too straight forward." I sighed looking up at the ceiling. Footsteps came down the stairs and I looked up to see my brother standing there with the mail.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"You got a letter from Sport's Illustrated. They want you to be their High School Athlete of the month." Chris said handing me the letter he opened.

"This is crazy. I mean hell yeah I'm going to fucking do it. But this is crazy. Oh shit what if they ask me about realtionships? Camila will read it and be upset." I sighed.

"For one, you don't answer those. They are personal and for two, why are you dressed so nice?" He asked.

"I'm going to talk to Camila's dad....also don't tell dad I took one of his wines from the cellar..." I said.