NINETY FIVE

Draco had stopped asking for me to stay with him as he spent what should be his final night in the hospital wing. I didn't take it to heart knowing that now he was better completely he didn't need me fawning over him as though he were a baby, he had Taylor for that anyways.

It was Spencer Noah and I's last day at Hogwarts tomorrow, our training would be up and then we'd return to St.Mungos full time instead as we went into our second year.

It was quite bittersweet but Dumbledore didn't need me at Hogwarts anymore anyways especially since I'd failed in converting my brother to our side and he'd be carrying out the dark lords bidding soon, I just hoped I had a bit more time to get through to him but I feared that it was a lost cause.

I could not help him if he was not willing to make an effort himself although to be fair if the roles were reversed I'm not so sure I'd find it easy defying Voldemort either.

"I'm telling you, this school has the craziest shit go down." Noah and Spencer say as we're all hanging out in the kitchens after a shift. "This year has been tame compared to the rest." I say with a slight laugh knowing not a lot actually happened this year. "Really?" I nod, "ever since Harry joined it's been very wild around here, for example in his first year our defence against the dark arts teacher had Voldemort on the back of his head and tried to kill Harry through the year, in our second he came back in a diary opened some chamber of secrets and attacked muggleborns with a basalisk." I say making their eyes widen, "and everyone was ok?"

"Luckily no one died, just a ton of students got stunned but professor sprout and madam Pomfrey got everyone fixed up, I asked Sophia what it was like but she doesn't really remember it all too much."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

We continue talking about the safety hazard that is Hogwarts on our way back up to our rooms when a panicked Neville finds us. "Lyra!" I grab him by the arms to steady him once he gets to an abrupt stop, "hey Neville take a breath and tell me what's up?" I ask worried as to what has him in this state, "death eaters!" He breathes out his eyes wide and skin pale.

I feel my own skin pale as all the blood drains, "ok ok, Remus, Bill and Tonks are here today, I think. You get to safety Neville and we'll deal with this, where are the death eaters?"

He tells me although he doesn't leave like I told him to instead he demands that he can fight too, I know now is not the time to argue with him on it and so I conjure up my patronus to get the message to the order members on duty today just in case Ron and Ginny hadn't found them yet and they didn't already know.

A gasp mangles in my throat as I take in the silvery patronus before me, I hadn't conjured my patronus since Sirius died and so I had expected to see the large stallion that I had seen the last time.

Only I was very stunned to see that instead of the towering stallion as smaller scruffy dog was across from me. "Padfoot?" It comes out a whisper but I'd recognise the dog anywhere he was who I named my own dog paddy after. It was Sirius here to protect me like he had promised me he always would.

It wasn't completely uncommon for patronus's to change, it happened sometimes after a big or traumatic event like how tonks had changed to a wolf after she had fallen in love with Remus. I just really hadn't been expecting this.

I didn't realise it, but a tear had ran down my cheek, I hastily wipe it away as I tear my eyes from the silver wisps that make up padfoot and focus myself, I didn't have the time to be distracted there were death eaters in the castle and my main priority was protecting Hogwarts.

I send it off to whoever is closest and turn back to the three boys who were watching me silently. "This is your last chance to get to safety." I warn the three who adamantly shrug me off, "stop wasting time Lyra, we're with you now let's go." Noah says throwing an arm around Spencer who nods seriously. "Any chance I can convince you?" I ask turning to Neville who shakes his head as she walk. "Alright stay safe no matter what." I instruct as we make our way to the astronomy tower.